cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "Problem Accessing Virgin.net" ...

SteelSticker
Joining in

Hi All,

Hope to be glad I found the Community! Lots of good advice on here already.

I have had similar difficulties to others with @Virgin.Net email access.  I was fine until yesterday, when I (foolishly!) sent an email that was probably over the 20Mb limit ... and email was still working until the message came back to me as undeliverable.  I'm guessing that volume out and in stunned (hopefully not 'killed') my mail box.

I telephoned Virgin Media (an hour of my life), and had the same responses that others on here have had.  The first customer support suggested resetting my password (which he did) and leave it an hour.  That was yesterday and that did not work.  I attempted to access my VirginMedia account (still a customer, with a valid account).  Could not access my account on line.

I telephoned customer support this morning (another hour of my life), and the chap I spoke with said he could help, tried what was in his box of tricks, which didn't work.  He then said I had to telephone Talk Talk.

Telephoned Talk Talk (another hour of my life) they couldn't help me without an active Talk Talk Account.  They referred me to Virgin Media.

Telephoned Virgin Media.  The customer support chapess tried resetting my Virgin Media account, and then declared that she could access it at her end (with an email address I did not recognize).  After many many attempts with her, I still could not access my Virgin Media account from my end, even using the same account name and password (again reset).  I asked to be referred to a Technical Engineer, to have the email refreshed or sorted out, and she said that because she could access my account, there was no reference for her to be able to raise a Ticket ... she suggested I speak to a Technical Engineer ... I said I was tryin to, could she transfer me to one ... she said 'not without a fault' ... (it became circular, I won't bore you with my frustrations).  She then declared that it was beyond her training, was there anything else she could help with.  I did remain polite.

Is there anyone on here that would be able to get me to a Virgin Media Tech Support that can access my .....@virgin.net account to be able to reset it?

I do know that it is possible, as my other half had her ....@virgin.net mailbox stunned by a malicious chain email that hit loads of people just after Christmas 2021 and I got through to a great Tech Support guy who explained what happened, refreshed the mailbox, and within half an hour two weeks of emails flooded in and it was all back to normal.  I wish I'd asked for and kept his name (I did give Very Positive Feedback!)

I would really appreciate any support or guidance in getting to a Virgin Media Tech Support wizard who can help?

Kind Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please see my reply to an similar thread on the same subject:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-net-email-down/m-p/4950537/highlight/true#M235274 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the response.  I'll have a quick run through the link you provided now ...

Kind Regards,

Thanks nodrodg,

From that post, it seems that the Tech Support at Virgin Media should be able to help me out.

The two .....@virgin.net email addresses that we have are linked to a current Virgin Media account that we pay for, and have been associated with that account and used daily. They aren't 'orphaned' and shouldn't be at risk of disconnection (or lack of Tech Support!).

Unfortunately Customer Support don't seem to have knowledge/details for these older email addresses, but it does seem to be a common problem looking through these forum pages. I need someone in Customer Support that understands the issues, or a link to get to a Technical Support person who can reset the MailBox.

Any help appreciated ...?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The gist of the matter is that when VMs offnet ISP business closed the Virgin.net addresses we’re effectively put on notice & should have been closed after 12 months. In reality VM did not close many of these after the 12 months passed & are just now catching up with these accounts which should have been closed long ago.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @SteelSticker

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email account.

I am going to send you a private message so I can take a closer look at this. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide