cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another person unable to get email

OracOrac
Joining in

I can't get my email. I have reset password several times and performed a virus scan.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WelshGasman
Superfast

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.
The following week it was disabled, and later on in the week it was neither, but required a password change.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Edit:
I think there might be three permutations of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for case 3?

Lucky me has gone through all three permutations in the last two weeks. 🙂

HTH

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

WelshGasman
Superfast

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.
The following week it was disabled, and later on in the week it was neither, but required a password change.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Edit:
I think there might be three permutations of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for case 3?

Lucky me has gone through all three permutations in the last two weeks. 🙂

HTH

muffmasterh
Superfast

nope, nobody, welcome to the club, virgin tell me on the phone 24-48 hours.

I seem to be back in (for now). Hope everyone else gets their emails soon as well.

yes me back in too, i thought i saw something out of the corner of my eye.

24 hours + of grief, i wonder how long this latest respite will last for

I just changed my password, and then changed it right back again - and now my email is working!

I had this happen a few weeks ago, but that time they sent an email to my primary email address (not on virgin) saying the account was locked. This time there was nothing, so I had to guess why there were no emails to the blueyonder (I still keep my old Blueyonder address) account.

What is going on at Virgin? This is not because our devices are compromised - it's because the Virgin email system is screwed up (again!!).

John B

rgds,

John B

Hi OracOrac,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you had with your email address. 

I'm glad to hear this has been resolved for you. 

Please do reach out if you have any further issues.

^Martin

Pleased to hear I am not the only one - no emails since Friday and I rely on these.
Ironically, one call centre operative told me there were problems, also that we were
"out of contract" and could sign up for a new contract with discounts.
Why would we do that with such poor service?

Have now set up an email with another provider.

Thankfully, broadband and TV still operational.

Maybe this is sneaky ploy by VM to get people to dump their disapponting email service and go elsewhere?

More like a demonstration that they don't know how to provide email services 😉
rgds,

John B