Menu
RobKemp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Am leaving Virgin how long do I keep my blueyonder address and access emails for?

Am leaving Virgin how long do I keep my blueyonder address and access emails for?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Am leaving Virgin how long do I keep my blueyonder address and access emails for?

90 days. But that period can be irregular so get cracking now and transfer your mail and contacts to a new e-mail address with a non-ISP linked provider then you'll never have to do this again.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

RobKemp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am leaving Virgin how long do I keep my blueyonder address and access emails for?

Thanks HowardML, any recommendation on the non-ISP provider? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not allowed to recommend and wouldn't anyway. But there are two big ones out there. One starts with a G and belongs to an evil empire that is trying to take over the world and makes children watch its video clips service incessantly. The other one I use, because like the weather, I like a favourable outlook. But there are smaller outfits and I hear good reports of one that sounds like Soho but has a Z instead of an S at the start . It does however have some limited functionality when used as a freebie.

When my wife and my bestie lost their Freeserve accounts last year (service was closed by Orange) they went for the G mob. They like it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
RobKemp
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again HowardML... at the risk of pushing my luck here. Any advice on transferring contacts in my VM account to a save place or on lets say...G, er,  male for instance. How would I go about doing that? Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You posted about this in another thread and I replied with all the advice you need on managing the transition of your contacts.

Importing them - Google for the advice because it is slightly different for each mail platform.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DanMck
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

proton mail 

https://protonmail.com/

0 Kudos