Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: All inbox emails disappeared

Hi All, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to see that you have lost your emails. 

So we can clarify please advise if this was in webmail or client mail of both? 

If client mail please advise if you are using IMAP or POP. 

If you access your email via IMAP using an Apple device then please look at this thread here. 

If the emails are not in webmail and they are not backed up then we will not be able to restore them. I do apologise for this. 

Keep me updated. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jmurray4
Joining in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Can anyone help? This morning all my stored emails in my inbox have disappeared! I opened mail on my iPad and there were only 5 new emails there. I then opened outlook on my PC and momentarily everything was there as it opened and within seconds they all disappeared. I've been on to virgin media support and basically they are saying I deleted them by mistake or someone else accessed my iPad and PC and deleted them. I feel insulted by both of these 'explanations'! I just don't know what to do.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
fudge1976
Tuning in
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same experience as me. I noted reply from tech above but if you check the date on my post that ships long sailed. Hope you have better luck than me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Star2
Joining in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here. As a customer experience this is very poor.

0 Kudos
VGB
Tuning in
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This has happened to me, everything prior to 24th December 2017 has disappeared from my Inbox and Trash.  I haven’t had an iOS update since 13th December and the fault manifested yesterday.   I can’t get through to Customer Support on either the phone or online.  In fact, there seems to be some issue with the server credentials. Absolutely dire when a problem is time critical 

0 Kudos
fudge1976
Tuning in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't surprise me. I never got mine back. They deny all knowledge and say their gone.
SDC
Super solver
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@VGB wrote:

This has happened to me, everything prior to 24th December 2017 has disappeared from my Inbox and Trash.  I haven’t had an iOS update since 13th December and the fault manifested yesterday.   I can’t get through to Customer Support on either the phone or online.  In fact, there seems to be some issue with the server credentials. Absolutely dire when a problem is time critical 

I'd advise you to start a new thread for this - even though the symptoms may be the same, you may not have the same problem as the OP, and/or VM's systems/policies may have changed since the original thread was started over a year ago. Further to that, threads already marked as "answered", as this one is, are unlikely to attract as much attention from potential helpers as a new thread would. FWIW, "answered" threads are marked with a white tick in a green speech-bubble.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Figs
Joining in
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

This just happened to me. Called virgin media and were about as unhelpful as possible and denied this had ever happened before so interesting to see that it has. Is there any way to get these back?

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Figs wrote:

This just happened to me. Called virgin media and were about as unhelpful as possible and denied this had ever happened before so interesting to see that it has. Is there any way to get these back?

Read the message above yours - message 18.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos