cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ages to download/ open an email?!

MonkeyHanger83
On our wavelength

Why does it take ages to download and open emails? It never used to. It can take hours (sometimes even days) and I can't send any. If I'm in a rush, I'll hit reply or forward and if I'm lucky the email might appear there for me to read. 

Any time I try to open an email, the body of it just says 'Download message and pictures (whatever size it is). 

It's every time I open my emails now. Is it a virgin problem or a  mail problem? 

It's driving me insane!  

p.s. I don't know why I've clicked 'email me when someone replies' as I'll never see it anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FWIW similar issues raised by others elsewhere suggest  an issue / bug with  Mail app and the following workaround may help:

• select Forward for the message that is not fully downloading
  • cancel the new message created
  • the message that was not fully downloading is now fully downloaded

Edit: just saw you mentioned forward workaround in initial post. I am stumped for the moment and can only suggest you look at using another email client to resole the issue, for example Thunderbird.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

hemelvirgin
Superfast

Same here, will post a tweet 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this:

• via webmail or an email client?
  • Apple device or other?
  • does issue only occur when connected to your Virgin Media home network?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi, web Mail via my vm account home page. Using chrome on windows 11 laptop. Vm acknowledged on Twitter they are investigating. Still get connection timed out error message. Connection doesn’t even connect!. Have asked again on Twitter what’s happening. Nothing on status page re: email 

First time in weeks, I've opened the email app this evening and they downloaded without a problem. It's so strange. I don't understand it. Glad I'm not the only one though - I thought it was me being stupid.

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
It's the mail client app on a laptop. Open it up, they used to download straight away and you could read them instantly. Not anymore...
I don't use this email anywhere else. It's set up on my laptop to save me from logging in and out of work and personal email. I don't have an issue with work emails at school, but then I don't know what the provider is or anything.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: Re: Is VM Webmail struggling? - Virgin Media Community - 5239298; current estimate fix time Monday but they hope to have it done sooner.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums @MonkeyHanger83 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the sow emails loading up on your system 😕
May I ask if any application acts this way on the laptop or is it just the emails?
Have you seen this repeat on any other devices, such as a mobile or tablet?
Please clear cache and cookies and let us know how it goes when trying to access.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

Thanks for replying. 

It is only when I use the mail app on the laptop. That's the only device I use for the ntlworld email address. I keep work and personal separate. I've noticed it's improved a little. But it does still take ages for any new emails to actually reach me. To test I sent one from the work email to the account and vice versa. The work one was instant, the home one 30 minutes later it finally arrives. Why do they take so long? 

Hi MonkeyHanger83,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing some issues with your emails. 

We are still aware of an issue with this, you can check this board here for any updates.

Alex_Rm