Menu
rob80
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Additional email accounts

I have lost my two additional email accounts. Both were nnnnnnn@ntlworld.com

Has this to do with the recent updated email service and if so how can I recover those accounts and associated emails? One of these accounts in particular hold vital emails that have now disappeared from my outlook email.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional email accounts

As far as I know there haven't been any recent updates to the VM Email system.  When you say 'outlook email' do you mean the outlook.com web page or the Outlook email client?

When you sign into My Virgin Media https://my.virginmedia.com/  with your primary account details do the email accounts in question show under the Manage Accounts tab? 

If you sign into each account directly via the VM email web page can you see the 'missing' emails?  https://www.virginmedia.com/email

Highlighted
rob80
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am referring to Outlook email client.

I cannot locate a tab to Manage accounts?

I am unable to sign in to the sub accounts. When I try to sign in, I get the error message "account or password not regognised". When I try to change password and enter the email address, I get a message which says "the account cannot be found". The statements in quotes are not verbatim but are what is meant.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If sounds rather as if the email accounts concerned were not correctly linked to your current VM broadband account and may have been removed as part of a data clear up of orphaned accounts.

However, that would not explain them disappearing from your Outlook client.  All mail already downloaded should still be available.  VM would not have been able to delete the accounts from your Outlook client as that would need access to your computer.

The VM forum team should be able to check the status of the accounts for you but it can take up to a week for them to reach this thread.

rob80
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK. Thanks for your replies.

0 Kudos