Menu
Highlighted
jonh46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Additional email account

I am having problems creating additional email accounts.

I go through   Profile/manage accounts/set up new accounts

I enter the required new email address and password hit Create account And I get

“Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.”

I go go back and retry to create the email account and when I enter the email address again. It says

“Sorry, that email address is unavailable. Choose one of the addresses suggested below, or type another one into the box above.”

I try again with a different email address and go through the same loop.

I think this was happening the last time I tried to create additional email accounts.

Is it me or is there a problem with the site?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Additional email account

If this has happened to you before and is not solved by trying the process using a different browser, then the most likely cause is an issue with your account on the VM systems.  The Forum Team will get to this thread in a few days and will probably want to refer this to the backend IT team to investigate for you.  The team will contact you via this forum and are likely to send you a Private Message to gather private info from you re the account concerned.

jonh46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to create a sub account when I first signed up to Virgin. I never used it so I deleted it today when I tried to set up a new account. I am using google chrome browser. I will retry with MS internet explorer or edge. 

regards

John

0 Kudos
jonh46
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried using internet explorer and edge on PC, I pad and a 4 G mobile phone . And the same result every time

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

???

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That supports my assertion that this is a specific account configuration issue.  You now need to be patient and wait for the Forum Team to respond.

jonh46
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, 

No problem I have another email account from another provider. 

John

0 Kudos
jonh46
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No Response from anybody. Do I have to set a flag ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

its only been 5 days it can take vm upto a week currently to reply

0 Kudos
jonh46
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jonh46 wrote:

No Response from anybody. Do I have to set a flag ?

Marking the thread as solved (clicking the helpful answer icon) may have dropped this down the queue.  Perhaps the @ModTeam could check this on Monday?