cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional email account - reset password

Bedford-one
Tuning in

Hi

How can I change the password of an additional email account ?

If I select password reset I can't answer the questions as I don't ever remember setting them up. If I go into the Primary Account I can see the additional account but the only option is to delete it.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bedford-one,

Sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get the password reset. I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into this further. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bedford-one  If the Forgotten password route doesn't work due to the DOB or security answer not matching the record you will need to call in to get the password changed.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bedford-one

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Have you spoken to the team since posting?

If not and you still require some help, please let us know and we can send you a private message here to change the password.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

Still haven’t got the password reset,  an you help please ?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bedford-one,

Sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get the password reset. I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into this further. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I am having the same problem! I can access the additional e-mail accounts on my profile but I only have the option to delete the accounts. I made a call to the helpline and was informed I would get a call from the technical team. That unfortunately has not happened. I can see from the forum that others are having this problem but I haven't found the solution as yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks 

Hello PYT,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with resetting the password on your additional email account. 
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello PYT

Thanks for those details.

Both account passwords have been reset now.

If you check your private message the details will be there. 

Gareth_L