cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional account password reset

Gorfmanrob
Tuning in

Hi

I need to reset the password on an additional email account within my account. I remember being able to do it online but now the only options are to delete it. Having spoken to 2 people on the phone I am no nearer a solution. All they managed to do was reset the password on the primary email which was very unhelpful.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Whatever you do, do not call customer services. They have no idea what you are talking about.

They ended up changing the password on my main email account which caused a lot of issues

elizab
On our wavelength

@coenoby wrote:

@elizab wrote:

I need to change the password of a sub/additional account but no longer have the option. I only have the delete option. I need assistance changing the pw please.

So have you tried both the routes that Graham set out in his first post early on in this thread?

I quote for that post:

@Graham_A wrote:

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If you have tried both of those routes without success then you could try:

• calling VM customer services on 150 from a VM landline or mobile phone - email issues are handled via the broadband option
  • contacting VM  using Twitter (@virginmedia)
  • or waiting for this post to be picked up by the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum)  - one of them will contact via this thread

and then request a password reset  for your email account.

Coenoby

The issue is i can't sign in to the subaccount because I forgot the password i assigned for my child. So now i can't access the emails for him and have no way to reset his password.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@elizab  So when you try the forgotten password route for his email address what is stopping you from completing the process?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

elizab
On our wavelength

It sends a password reset to his *@virginmedia.com email address, but you cant access the emails without knowing the password. You used to be able to alter the password as the main account holder.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@elizab wrote:

It sends a password reset to his email address, but you cant access the emails without knowing the password.

That's odd as the password reset process doesn't involve an email being sent it should just take you to the page to create a new password.

It looks like the VM Forum Team will need to take a look at this for you.  They should respond tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi elizab, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to see you're having trouble with resetting the password to a sub account. 

This is certainly something we can do for you here however in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Having the same issue today with sub accounts. The account was fine until today and now it cannot be accessed. Cannot change the password. Not a clever move Virgin Team. Please tell us all how to change the sub account passwords   

I started this thread and got nowhere. Fortunately we managed to remember the password. 

From what I understand Virgin have now removed the ability for the main email account holder to do anything other than delete additional accounts. 

You cannot use the password reset as it requires answers to security questions. When you set up the additional accounts there was no requirement to set security answers.

Calling 150 is pretty pointless because the 4 or 5 times I tried they had no idea what I was talking about. They then proceeded to change the password to my main email.

What you are expected to do now is set up a My Virgin account for each email address. Stupid thing is you can't do this if you have forgotten the password. 

Sorry I can't offer any resolutions for the issue but wanted to let you know of my experiences with Virgin on this issue.

Good luck.  You're going to need it

elizab
On our wavelength

@Gorfmanrob wrote:

I started this thread and got nowhere. Fortunately we managed to remember the password. 

From what I understand Virgin have now removed the ability for the main email account holder to do anything other than delete additional accounts. 

You cannot use the password reset as it requires answers to security questions. When you set up the additional accounts there was no requirement to set security answers.

Calling 150 is pretty pointless because the 4 or 5 times I tried they had no idea what I was talking about. They then proceeded to change the password to my main email.

What you are expected to do now is set up a My Virgin account for each email address. Stupid thing is you can't do this if you have forgotten the password. 

Sorry I can't offer any resolutions for the issue but wanted to let you know of my experiences with Virgin on this issue.

Good luck.  You're going to need it

Thank you for informing me. Yes, I'm also in limbo. Fortunately, for the majority of my sub accounts, I set up automated email forwarders to my main account. I forgot to do it on one of them, however, and as a result of not having access to the emails on that one sub account, I no longer have access to some external services.

Virgin need to restore the old system for 1 month to allow customers to carry out any maintenance they need on sub accounts and set up My Virgin Media accounts for each.

We were not informed of the change so many people have lost access to valuable account 

Come one Virgin. Put the customer first for once