cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional account password reset

Gorfmanrob
Tuning in

Hi

I need to reset the password on an additional email account within my account. I remember being able to do it online but now the only options are to delete it. Having spoken to 2 people on the phone I am no nearer a solution. All they managed to do was reset the password on the primary email which was very unhelpful.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gorfmanrob  Apparently the change is to increase security for secondary accounts.

The VM Forum Team should be along later this evening or tomorrow to assist you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gorfmanrob 

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the advice. I have tried both and neither will work. I can only log in to my virgin media with my email address. It wont let me log in with the email address I need to reset the password to.

As its just an additional account I set up for my wife there was no requirement for memorable words etc.

Why do Virgin change things that work well to things that you can no longer control.

I'm pulling my hair out!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gorfmanrob  Apparently the change is to increase security for secondary accounts.

The VM Forum Team should be along later this evening or tomorrow to assist you further.

Thanks Graham 👍 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Gorfmanrob.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue the password on your additional email account  
Id like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Have exactly the same issue for my daughter's email no way of resetting and after seeing what hell people have gone through am not calling for help. Why have you changed the way we reset passwords? Most people only have family with email addresses as secondary so why can't we reset passwords? Again makes a simple task extra difficult!

It used to be so easy. Log in, got to additional accounts and do what you need. Now all you can do is delete the additional accounts. Madness!

elizab
On our wavelength

I'm having the same issue. I need to change the password of a sub/additional account but no longer have the option. I only have the delete option. I need assistance changing the pw please.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@elizab wrote:

I need to change the password of a sub/additional account but no longer have the option. I only have the delete option. I need assistance changing the pw please.

So have you tried both the routes that Graham set out in his first post early on in this thread?

I quote for that post:

@Graham_A wrote:

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If you have tried both of those routes without success then you could try:

• calling VM customer services on 150 from a VM landline or mobile phone - email issues are handled via the broadband option
  • contacting VM  using Twitter (@virginmedia)
  • or waiting for this post to be picked up by the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum)  - one of them will contact via this thread

and then request a password reset  for your email account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.