cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding virginmedia.com email to gmail account

msfurry
Tuning in

Hello,

I've recently got a new Amazon Fire HD10 and I'm unable to work out how to add my Virgin Media email account to my gmail which I managed to do on my previous tablet

Grateful for any help

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msfurry wrote:

I only get the options to turn on and off the following when I click on the Settings icon:

Mobile Signature

Out Of Office AutoReply

I suspect that you are looking at the mobile version of Gmail site. That's a cut down view of Gmail which does have those options.

Have a look at this link https://www.technipages.com/show-full-version-of-gmail-on-ipad-or-iphone 

I know it says for iPad or iPhone but Option 2 or Option 3 might be worth checking out. Once you are on the full / desktop version of  Gmail you should be ok.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msfurry wrote:

I'm unable to work out how to add my Virgin Media email account to my gmail which I managed to do on my previous tablet

Is your aim to use Gmail to manage your Virgin Media emails?
The thing is, you set that up within your Gmail account and if you have already done that on your old tablet then Gmail will carry on doing that whatever device you use to access your Gmail account. You don't have to set it up again for each new device.

However, to supply the information you need, here is the Google relevant support link https://support.google.com/mail/answer that explains how to check emails from other accounts. In that link "step 2" details how to the changes to make in your Gmail account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @msfurry

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Did you manage to follow the advise from coenoby? 

Kind regards.

Zak_M

Hi Coenoby,

Appreciate your quick reply! Yes I agree that it makes sense that I shouldn't have to set it up on each device however upon accessing my Gmail on here it doesn't give me the option to switch to my other account and I can't seem to add the account any other way.. I've looked at the detail on the link but it didn't work unfortunately 😞

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coenoby 

Don't confuse Gmail web app with the Android client (the latter of which works just like any other email program)

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msfurry wrote:

I've looked at the detail on the link but it didn't work unfortunately

As @ravenstar68 intimates in his post, I had assumed that you were using the Gmail web application rather than the Gmail app for Android devices. Apologies for that.

I use the Gmail web service all the time but I will freely admit that I have zero experience with their Android App. However, a quick online search soon came up with the help sheet for adding email accounts to the Gmail app

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6078445  This covers Android and iPhone/iPad versions of the app so you need to click on the Android option.

Hopefully that will make more sense. 😉

Coenoby

Thanks to all for taking the time to help, I appreciate it! 😊

No you were right - I am using the web application opposed to the Gmail app which in fact isn't compatible with my device anyway apparently.. 🤔

On the settings I'm not able to follow the steps shown in the link as it doesn't give me that option so maybe it isn't possible?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msfurry wrote:

Thanks to all for taking the time to help, I appreciate it! 😊

No problem, I'll try again. Once you have signed into the Gmail web application follow the steps here and click on the icons in turn.

Check an email from Gmail 1.png

Check an email from Gmail 2.png
Note that you have to scroll quite a way down the list to get to "Check mail from other accounts"  to click on "Add a mail account" in step 4.

Then you'll get this screen and Gmail just guides you through the rest.

Check an email from Gmail 3.png

Does that help at all?

Coenoby

No unfortunately not.. I only get the options to turn on and off the following when I click on the Settings icon:

Mobile Signature

Out Of Office AutoReply

Weird?! 😯

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msfurry wrote:

I only get the options to turn on and off the following when I click on the Settings icon:

Mobile Signature

Out Of Office AutoReply

I suspect that you are looking at the mobile version of Gmail site. That's a cut down view of Gmail which does have those options.

Have a look at this link https://www.technipages.com/show-full-version-of-gmail-on-ipad-or-iphone 

I know it says for iPad or iPhone but Option 2 or Option 3 might be worth checking out. Once you are on the full / desktop version of  Gmail you should be ok.

Coenoby