cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding blueyonder email account to OUtlook on my phone

carden
Joining in

Posted a question about two weeks ago about this but not had a meaningful response. I have had a blueyonder account for many years and have no problems accessing emails from it in Outlook 365 on my desktop nor on my previous phone. Have now got a new phone, installed outlook but although it can find the account wants various settings for imap and stmp. I have picked up that info from the virgin website but it doesn't seem to want to know and checked those are OK but it wants a password for each. I am not aware that I have a password for these.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The passwords are the same as the password you use to access you emails, at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The passwords are the same as the password you use to access you emails, at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks. Managed to sort it out myself yesterday. As you say the passwords turn out to be my email password repeated for both the SMTP and IMAP settings. Have spent a happy week trying all sorts but there now. Thank you for your reply. Hate changing my phone!

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Many thanks for letting us know that your issue has been resolved, if my help has been useful please do mark the relevant post as useful, and give kudos.

Regards Mike

I have a question regarding a recent post ref to getting my blueyonder email on my laptop I have managed to get it on my iphone easy but when I attempt to add an account via outlook and put my blueyonder password it will not connect I think a previous post said to use the same password as on my web mail but doesn’t work for me.the only way at present is to get my blueyonder emails on my iPhone 12 or iPad does anyone have a solution 

Hi Colin56

Thanks for posting.

Please follow these email settings - it should help with this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill