cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add alias to existing email account?

Jonnygrunge
Joining in

Is it possible to add another email alias to an existing blueyonder account? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No; nor can aliases be managed or new virignmedia.com email addresses be created — latter is recent change.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Johhnygrunge, thank for you reaching out and a warm welcome to our community. 

As @用心棒 mentioned unfortunately it is not possible. 

However, if you are looking for an email there are tons of providers out such as Gmail and Yahoo. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have 3 email alias setup for my email and I want to add another to a secondary account. Are you saying this is no longer possible?
I don't remember being informed about this

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It seems pretty clear that VM are running down their email service, and it shouldn't come as a surprise when they eventually give a date for closing it altogether. 

It would be sensible to follow the advice and get alternatives set up now, to allow time for contacts to get used to the new addresses. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @mrglwatson thanks for your reply here.

As mentioned, it is no longer possible to add a secondary email account to an existing My Virgin Media account.

We are no longer also supplying customers with a virginmedia.com email address when they join us so I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mrglwatson wrote:
I don't remember being informed about this

Nothing wrong with your memory.

The only place it seems to have been mentioned was the second paragraph of this VM email helpsheet. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account 

For convenience, here's what it says:

"Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is."

That change was introduced in May 2022 and brings VM into line with most major internet providers.

As has been said, best to switch your email accounts to a more professional dedicated email provider but do look beyond the obvious Gmail and Outlook offerings before you decide who to go with. https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts is a good place to start.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks