Menu
Kit3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account problem

Just moved home and taking the Virgin media service to new home, installation done by a virgin media engineer, but now I got a new account number. Tried to register online but can’t do it with my own email. I thing it is because there’s some conflict between the old and new accounts. Help what can I do with it . And after the installation, internet is set up a parental controls, 😫what’s happening 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account problem

Hi Kit,

Hope you settle in well and will be happy in your new home

Each address has it's own account and as part of the Home Move your email should have been transferred over to the new account.

You could call in to get this error fixed, however if you can leave it a day or two then Forum Staff should pick this up and get it sorted

Once set up correctly you will be able to set up parental controls.

You could be crafty and change the router password when it's getting late etc, and then change it back 😃

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kit3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you have had problems setting up an online account with your new account number.

When you move and set up a new account you will be unable to set up an online account using the same email address as this is already registered to an online account, you can however set the account up with a different email or even set one of ours up, once set up you can then change the preferred email to the one you wish to use.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Kit3 wrote:

Just moved home and taking the Virgin media service to new home, installation done by a virgin media engineer, but now I got a new account number. Tried to register online but can’t do it with my own email. I thing it is because there’s some conflict between the old and new accounts. Help what can I do with it . And after the installation, internet is set up a parental controls, 😫what’s happening 

Hi Kit3,  It is not clear from your message if you are wanting to use a virginmedia email address (including blueyonder, ntlworld, or virgin.net) with your new billing account.  Obviously, Paul_DN has a view behind the scenes, so will know more than I do.

But if you want to keep any virginmedia email addresses more than 90 days after moving house, you need to request a Move & Transfer.  Otherwise you will end up with deleted or orphan mailboxes.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos