cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not recognised

Alex893
Tuning in
Sign in with your My Virgin Media details

We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.
Email address

Password

Show/Hide

• Your password is between 6 and 10 characters
  • Must begin with a letter
  • Must contain a number
  • Must contain no spaces
Forgotten email or password ?

If you’re not on a personal device, please see our help on private browsing

Sign In

No account? Create one >

16 REPLIES 16

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Alex893

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue! Can you try and run through the 'Register' option using your account details and let me know how you get on please? I'd like to see if any error messages pop up this way.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I am not exactly sure what you mean. Anyway I should explain what my problem is. I have an email address that was set up by virgin and I know that I cannot change this but because the actual address is so complicated I decieded to have a secondary address to use, I use this address for normal communication and the one issued by virgin to log onto my virgin account. 
Are you with me so far?

It is this secondary emai address that is not being recognised. When I go into my account setting the email address is showing but when I try to log in with this address it states that the address is not recognised

This is not the first time that this issue has happened. 

8B0BAA99-0161-4A4F-A545-8CFD4891CD1F.jpeg

503AD949-B54A-41F8-B996-7C76A01808BD.jpeg

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alex893  The screenshots cannot be shown publicly as they show your full email address.

Is the address in the screenshot the primary email address that you sign into your VM account with or the secondary email address that you are having issues with?

Edit: re reading your post it would seem to be the secondary one.  If this is the case sign into your My Virgin Media account with the primary username and click on the Manage Accounts tab.  Does the secondary email account show in the list of email addresses?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi it is the secondary 

Yes

I can see that I am found something stupid here, but I can’t see it. All I want is to be able to log into my secondary email account. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried changing the password for the secondary email address via the My Accounts tab when logged into the primary account?

Edit: crossed with your last post.  If the secondary email address is not showing under the My Account tab then it isn't attached to your broadband account.

The VM team will need to investigate this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi, the secondary account is showing in the account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So have you tried changing the password as per my previous reply?