cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentaly deleted primary email account

Brian1958
Tuning in

Ok, So me being a bit of a dinosaur and messing about on a phone that my fingers are to big to use.

I accidently deleted my primary ntlworld.com email account last night. Have had a look around and it doesnt appear to be looking very good for me. Any advice would be most gratefully accepted. Also, I am no tech wizard by the lonest stretch of your imagination so please be patient and keep it nice and simple. 

Thanks in advance 

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried adding the primary email account back on your phone; see Virgin Media help > How to manage my Virgin Media email account under section How to set up emails on a device?

FYI: primary email account can also be accessed via webmail from here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried adding the primary email account back on your phone; see Virgin Media help > How to manage my Virgin Media email account under section How to set up emails on a device?

FYI: primary email account can also be accessed via webmail from here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I have tried doing that but I am informed that this account already exists

Have been on the phone and I am told that the account is lost. Cannot recreate the account as I have no option to use the  ntlworld.com address, I am only able to use the virginmedia.com address. Got to say that I am a little bit surprised as I have also been informed that it wont be gone completely for 90 days. Guess its a case of wait and see if one of the tech wizards can shed some light on the matter.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to take a step back here and ask you describe how you deleted the account, for instance on an iPhone Settings > Mail > Accounts > account name > Delete Account?

Your almost exactly right, I couldn't log in to my virgin media on the computer so I thought I would see if I could connect using my android phone. The rest is a case of being very tired and fingers and thumbs that are to big for small buttons

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The loss of the ntlworld.com email address maybe due to it not having been linked against your Virgin Media broadband account. The forum team are best placed to look at this further and the issue has been flagged to them however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hi Brian1958,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to see you have lost access to your primary Email address which you believe you may have deleted in error, what I will do is invite you into a private chat so I can have a more thorough look and see if we can get this back for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Good morning Paul, thank you for the quick response. I will be around for the next couple of hours and I am looking forward to talking to you.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to me ion our private chat and clearing security, glad to hear your email is working as we advise was active and you have since sent and received an Email, if you do need to set the email up again on any of your devices you can find all our Email settings here, if you do need any further support please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Regards

Paul.