Menu
GeorgiePorgie94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Accessing my wife's ntlworld web mail

My wife and I have ntlworld email accounts.

I use mine regularly with the house-keeping process of deleting the inbox via Web Mail, to save space on the server.

However, when I access the Virgin Media account that handles all my Virgin elements [email, TV, billing, etc.], the only email account I can access is mine - using the username and password I have recorded.

I would like my wife to be able to access her email address and account via Web Mail, in order to do the same housekeeping of old email deletion. However, neither of us have the way to access her WebMail. How do we do this, or contact Virgin to ask them to allow this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing my wife's ntlworld web mail

You should be able to access the other email account by logging out of your account and then signing back into VM webmail but this time using the email address and password for the other account.  Are you saying this doesn't work and if so what error message is presented?

coenoby
Well-informed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@GeorgiePorgie94 wrote:However, neither of us have the way to access her WebMail. How do we do this,

Is there a reason why she cannot follow the same route as yourself and enter her full Ntlworld.com email address and password in to the Webmail sign in screen?Smiley Indifferent

Here is a link to that sign in page: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/

Coenoby

Edited to say 'Sorry Graham beat me to it.'

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
GeorgiePorgie94
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses.

Sorry, should have made it clear - she has never had a password for VMedia, as far as I know.

Just tried signing in on the VMedia front page, with my wife's email address and requesting a new password to replace a forgotten one and got the response:

"Please contact 'MY NAME', who can sign in and reset your password online for you. Once you've got your new password, you'll be able to sign in to My Virgin Media and choose a security question and answer. This means that in the future you'll be able to reset your password quickly and easily yourself."

And here comes the question that shows how non-It savvy I am!

I did this and set my wife's password via my principal sign in.

However, when I go to the email tab at the top of the VM screen, when signed in, I cannot see my wife's email name and  inbox - only mine [George] . I am assuming, of course, that this path is leading me to the 'Web Mail'!?

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as previously stated you need to sign out of your account before you can sign into your wife's account.

The direct webmail link is https://www.virginmedia.com/email

Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeorgiePorgie94, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with email. 

Did the information Graham_A gave you help you to get things resolved?

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will take another look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GeorgiePorgie94
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

In short, 'No'!

I have tried entering my account, going to my wife's User Name and changing the password. I have then signed out of my Account and tried to sign in under her identity by using the User Name and Password.

I then get the massage "You've entered the wrong username or password. Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your CapsLock isn't on.

If you're struggling to login, we've got a brilliant help page to point you in the right direction."

Which is back where I started! A complete circle!

I can see no way, when in my account using my user name and password, where I can access my wife's email account.

Frankly , if we both cannot access it, this is an issue with the way the system is set up!

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

George

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello George

Initial checks show that the mailboxes look to be configured and enabled here, however we may have to dig a little deeper, I will send you a forum private message to pass some General Data Protection Regulation Checks and take it from there, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems to me that there's some confusion here between signing in to My Virgin Media and signing in to webmail. They are not the same thing.

To access webmail, there's no need whatsoever to be signed in at My Virgin Media, so sign out of My Virgin Media and stay signed out of it.

Then use the link provided by Graham_A to access webmail directly. Sign out of webmail when you've finished.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
GeorgiePorgie94
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses from Nicola, Emma, SDC and Graham.

I understand that I need to get into the webmail part of the account to delete old messages. I can do this for my emails, via my VM account. My wife receives her emails, as per normal, but at some stage the inbox at VM will fill up to the allowance; hence we want to access her webmail to clear old stuff out.

However, every time I use the connection suggested by Graham_A, it brings me to my webmail.

I cannot see the way to enter my wife's webmail from my account, or any other way. Hence trying to set up an account identity for her; which I assume would allow her to sign in and access webmail.

0 Kudos