cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing my Blueyonder email via web browser

CliveW
Joining in

Hi,
I am trying to access my Blueyonder email account to update my password.

When I try to access it via MyVirgin, it tells me that '.... email or password are incorrect..'
I have gone into my passwords on my iCloud (mac) Keychain Access to check the current password is correct and I also already have my Blueyonder account attached to both Outlook and Mail on my MacBook - and they open in both currently.

When I try the 'forgotten password' option in MyVirgin, it wants my 'Virgin Account' details (which I closed 4 years ago) and which I cannot remember....

I'm now confused as to how to get into ANYTHING that will allow me to update the Blueyonder password....

Can you assist please... 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The key part of your post is where you state that you closed your VM broadband account 4 years ago.  As a consequence your email account should have closed 90 days later.  It may be that your current access issues are because VM are in the process of deleting your account or that the account has been locked for security reasons.

As you are no longer a customer the only help that VM staff can offer you is to ensure the email account is fully deleted.

Also have a read of Sololobo's post in this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Changing-email-password-for-virgin-net-email/m-p/40528...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou for your response (albeit very close to what I had feared...)

When I moved away from my old house (3+ years ago), and because the new house didn't have Virgin cable, I was assured that I could continue using my blueyonder email ongoing with no problems.... I expect that was a sales pitch/stock reply......

Another confusing point is that I managed to update my password (somehow) in 2016......  maybe that was within the 90 days you are referring to..?