Menu
davebinman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Accessing main account to change passwords

A fairly regular query which I couldn't find a satisfactory answer to so need to ask afresh

I want/need to change a couple of my ***@virgin.net passwords (incl my main account one) for various reasons incl lost/forgotten/changed PC's etc, but can't login into my main account to actually access it and the others to edit/change them? Can someone please help?

0 Kudos
davebinman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing main account to change passwords

This really is getting extremely silly now! I can't login to my main ***.virgin.net email account (lost password(s) on PC change-out) and it wont accept my security answer so then asked me to enter A/C number & date of last virginmedia bill which I did & it still rejects it. This is all by following your help page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password and frustratingly your 150 from my Virgin mobile and the 0345 from my BT landline just give me this very annoying & repetitive background music (45 minutes & counting!)

I really need to access my mail mail account so I can then reset a lost password on another of my ***.virgin.net accounts. 

PLEASE, can someone in-the-know sort this out for me? Why can't you use an OTP or similar as you do for changing Virgin mobile A/C login?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi davebinman,

Thanks for reaching out to us,

I'd be happy to make a change to the password of the main account for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards

David 

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I notice that the email addresses you are having problems with are all virgin.net ones.

Am I correct in assuming that they were all originally set up on the old Virgin Media ADSL service, and were then transferred to a different/new account on the VM cable connection when the VM ADSL service was withdrawn?

It may be the case that the transfer from ADSL to cable was not carried out correctly and your email addresses are now being treated as "orphan" accounts.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

I may be well off the mark here, but it's something that VM support should consider when investigating your account problem.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
davebinman
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All done now, thanks very much for your help David_Bn

0 Kudos