cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing extra accounts

Colin1946
Tuning in

I can access my my a/c ok and can create new a/c's from my virginmedia a/c but can only access the main email a/c.

How can I access my additiuonal accounts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Colin1946 wrote:

I thought I had just one 4 extra email addresses. Is VM confusing me or have I missed something?

LOL, VM is doing a great job of confusing you.

In fact, all you need to do is to complete the details on that first page. Obviously click to keep your email address and the password you have set already.

Fill in your security information when prompted and you will then move on to the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address. It will come up with a big heading "this is a "Secondary Account".

Just to clarify a bit, the email address you used to set up these new email accounts is your Primary account and all the new ones will be Secondary accounts.

Your primary email address is the one that controls all the secondary ones and is the only one which allows you to access or view your VM bills. 

If you are even more confused now,  don't worry.  😮      To get to the new email account itself, either click on the "email" tab right at the top of the screen or just sign out and then use the link I gave earlier to sign in to the new email account. In future you can just use the link I gave

Hopefully that will get you on the right track.😉

Just edited to add - you will need to go through this process for each of your new email addresses.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Colin1946 wrote:

How can I access my additiuonal accounts

If you can see those new email addresses listed in the "Manage accounts" tab in you "My Virgin Media" Account you should be able to sign  into each of those email accounts by putting the email address and its password into this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Post back here if the new addresses do not appear in your "My Virgin Media" account or, if you cannot sign in to the email accounts, post the error message you are seeing.

Just a heads up for you. When you come out of a VM email account, make sure that you always sign out of webmail as in the image below. If you just close the browser window you will find that when you try to sign in to one of your other email accounts webmail will just reopen the previous one. That often confuses people who have more than one VM email account. 😙

Coenoby

sign out.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for that but it comes with "Hello. You're new here, aren't you? As it's your first visit, we just need a few more details to finish setting up your My Virgin Media account." I am I setting up a new VM a/c

I thought I had just one 4 extra email addresses. Is VM confusing me or have I missed something?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Colin1946 wrote:

LOL, VM is doing a great job of confusing you.

In fact, all you need to do is to complete the details on that first page. Obviously click to keep your email address and the password you have set already.

Fill in your security information when prompted and you will then move on to the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address. It will come up with a big heading "this is a "Secondary Account".

Just to clarify a bit, the email address you used to set up these new email accounts is your Primary account and all the new ones will be Secondary accounts.

Your primary email address is the one that controls all the secondary ones and is the only one which allows you to access or view your VM bills. 

If you are even more confused now,  don't worry.  😮      To get to the new email account itself, either click on the "email" tab right at the top of the screen or just sign out and then use the link I gave earlier to sign in to the new email account. In future you can just use the link I gave

Hopefully that will get you on the right track.😉

Just edited to add - you will need to go through this process for each of your new email addresses.

Coenoby

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Colin1946

Thank you for your post regarding accessing additional email accounts, I'm really sorry for any confusion caused.

Have you been able to access them by following @coenoby 's advice or do you need further assistance?

Please do let me know,

Best wishes,

Serena

yes thank you

@coenoby 's advice was well adequate.

I was a little disappointed that the info was clear from the website

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know @Colin1946, I'm glad to hear you can access them now.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the information on our website, I'm really sorry to hear that it was confusing. I will pass this feedback on now.

Best wishes,

Serena

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Colin1946 wrote:

@coenoby 's advice was well adequate.

That's what will appear on my gravestone     He was,  well  , "adequate" .   LOL

You are quite right about the information from VM. In most cases it is pretty good but not always easy to find. However, in this case it is lacking. I guess you have already found it https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address 

Coenoby