cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing email on VM

Cruiseinvestor
Tuning in

Hi - This is a fairly trivial problem, but here goes!

Until recently I could access email on my computer simply by clicking once  on the small email tab on the top right hand corner of the VM home page. But recently the tab has disappeared from the home page, but will reappear if I double click anywhere on the screen at which point a slightly different home page appears with the email tab reinstated. When I press it it goes to another page entitled "how to manage your VM email". I then have to click on "access your email" button at the bottom of this page and the email will then appear as normal. This is a bit of a fad when going into email a dozen or more times a day.

Is there any way this procedure can be circumvented so I can access email with one simple click again?

Many thanks for assistance

Cruiseinvestor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cruiseinvestor  Yes, just bookmark this url in your favourite browser: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cruiseinvestor  Yes, just bookmark this url in your favourite browser: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cruisinvestor,

Thanks for your post.
Could you please advise if your matter has now been resolved by the solution provided by @Graham_A or if you need more assistance?

Kindly let us know, we'll do our best to help if you need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for enquiring whether my question had been resolved by Graham.

In truth the issue is probably a simple one. Basically, when I log on to my VM home page on my computer the image displayed does not include the top black section which includes in it the small tab in the right hand corner which gives access to my email. To get this to appear I need to double click on the red portion of the home page then click on Email. This then brings up a page entitled how to manage your email account which includes a tab to actually access email. Although this only takes a few seconds longer, previously I only needed to click on the email tab on the home page which took me straight to the actual email. I don't really need to see how to manage my email every time I log in to it, but if this is a new innovation by VM then clearly I will have to live with it, but if I can return to the previous way of access grateful if you could let me know how.

Regards

Cruiseinvestor

Hi Cruiseinvestor,

Moving forward this would be the way you would need to access your emails.

Graham_A has made a great suggestion of a work around for you 🙂

Alex_Rm