cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing blueyonder email through ANY other app

tosca16
Joining in

I have been trying for some days now to set up my blueyonder email again through (a variety of) apps - outlook, gmail etc. There seems to be lots of contradictory current advice. I have reset my VM password, which used to sync and reset your email password (in my case, the blueyonder password). It is not clear if that is now the case (it doesn't appear to sync) but neither is there any other option I can find for separately changing the blueyonder password.

None of the apps will recognise my email address/password (VM password) combo - but if the blueyonder password is un-synced and what they require, I have no means that I can see of resetting that either.

It is immensely frustrating and googling just provides a plethora of various guidance from over the years rather than a definitive current version...

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: you need to generate an App Password for use with other email clients / apps, read more below:

If you use an email client, you need to use your Virgin Media Mail address as the username, and your separate Virgin Media Mail app password which can be managed in Account Settings in My Virgin Media.

Please note that as this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps) this won’t affect your My Virgin Media password. So, if you check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still only need your My Virgin Media password.

[Source Login problems | Virgin Media Help]

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

tosca16
Joining in

Thanks, that's the link I've been trying to find (it is rather buried and note easy to find...). I did manage to hook up one email client successfully this way using that generated app route, however it only allows me to read emails not send, even though other IMAP settings seem as advertised.

EDIT: resolved now, thanks for the help

Hi @tosca16,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had some trouble recently with using your email account and services via a third party mail client, but I'm glad to hear you've since been able to resolve this.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!