cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Email

Honehe
Joining in

Every time I sign in to emails it directs me to 'OX App Suite', even when I am already signed in. 

This has only happened this week after my computer did an automatic update. 

I've followed instructions on virginmedia and still having issues.

I can still access emails via my mobile.

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Honehe wrote:

Every time I sign in to emails it directs me to 'OX App Suite', even when I am already signed in. 

In fact OX-Apps Suite is the software that Liberty Global , the US corporation which owns Virgin Media, uses to deliver their email services.

Normally you should seamlessly be redirected to Virgin Media's bespoke login page without ever seeing that blue screen. However that redirection process occasionally seems to fail for some people for reasons that VM either don't know or do know but seem unwilling to explain.

You could try using your browser's Incognito / Private mode. Depending on which browser you use press either Ctrl-Shift-P keys or Ctrl-Shift-N keys together in your browser to open a new window.

Using an Incognito or Private window in your browser means it will not use any of the cookies stored in its cache. It's worth a try, alternatively try using a different browser.

Post back with how you get on. If necessary the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will have to take it up with the appropriate VM technical team.  One of the Forum Team will pick up your post and contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Honehe
Joining in

Good evening,

I am having the exact same problem.  I type an email and then add an attachment such as a word document, nothing large, it look likes it has sent by returning to the inbox page and then a message pops up - Your session was invalidated. Please login again.

I have tried logging in and no different, even after 24 hours.

Please help as I need to send some important documents

Thank you

Fay

Hi Fay

Welcome to the club. I am glad that I am not the only one having this same problem.

Ayisha has passed my problem on to the Backroom Team to see of they can solve it. However they keep on passing it to different Teams as each Team say it is not their problem.

Yesterday someone rang me and after running a few tests without getting a result, they passed me on to the Gadget Rescue Team who after running the same tests decided it wasn't their problem and passed me back to the Technical Team who then decided to raise another Fault No. and passed me on to another team and said some one would call me within 24 - 48 hours.

If my experience is anything to go by, you may have a long wait for the problem is solved.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This issue should never have been passed onto Gadget Rescue and the forum team (@ModTeam) need to feedback this back to the technical team; maybe get them to restore the original ticket to avoid anyone picking up the new ticket and repeating the same mistake.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of curiosity what happens if you:

• compress (zip, 7z, etc) the attachment and then send?
  • compress and password protect the attachment before sending?

FYI: you may need to install 7zip or something similar to do this

Hi Honehe

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Have you tried 用心棒 advice about the email?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Honehe,

AVG appear to have corrected the issue for @KeithLeonard , see Re: Your session was invalidated. Please login again. If you are also using AVG then consider monitoring that thread where I have requested further detail.

Virgin Media Technical Team have been rubbish. All they have been doing is passing me from one section to another as they didn't want to or couldn't solve my problem.

I received a phone call from them on Friday saying that they were closing my Fault as they could send emails with attachments at their end and that I had to contact AVG as it was probably their problem.

I contacted AVG and explained the problem to them. They did some investigation remotely on my PC and confirmed that it was definitely not my Anti-Virus that was causing the problem but it was my email. 

They offered to fix the problem remotely which was occurring on both my PC and Laptop at some considerable expense to me.

I accepted their offer because I knew that if I went back to Virgin, I was likely to be passed from Team to Team like last time 

The problem is now fixed and I can now send emails with attachments.

I am disappointed that Virgin Media did not offer to investigate my problem remotely to try and find the cause of it so on this occasion I will give their Techical Teams Zero out of Ten as they were useless.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read the issue is resolved but given the expense incurred I hope AVG provided a written report detailing what was done to correct the issue.

I am unsure if Virgin Media still offer to assist via remote access but if they did I would decline the offer and instead ask they talk me through what they wanted to do.

Apologies for the issues KeithLeonard but glad to hear this has now been resolved. We're always looking to improve the service and experience our customers receive and will be sure ot pass the feedback on to them from your experience.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob