cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to forgotten email address

Satchi
Joining in

Hi,  I have an old virginmedia.com email address that i've not used for several years and forgotten the password to. 

How can I go about resetting the password when I have no access to the old account no do we have virgin media services anymore so no longer have a active account?

Thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Satchi wrote:

How can I go about resetting the password when I have no access to the old account

You could try using https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password .to reset the passworf

However there are a number of caveats:

1) VM have been making changes to various user interfaces and this seems  to be one of them. I have just tested this out and (for me at any rate) it now only seems to work reliably for the Primary Email address on a Broadband account. It seems a bit flaky if the email address is a secondary account but perhaps that was just me. 🤔

2) Even if it was the primary email account, you will still need to remember the security answers that were entered when the broadband account was originally  set up. You will be prompted for those after you enter the email address.

3) VM may have already deleted the email account in which case you are stuck. According to the Terms and Conditions of VM's Broadband package they should have done that 90 days after the broadband account was closed. However, they often seem to leave these old email accounts hanging around for much longer before they delete them.

If for whatever reason that reset route does not work, your only other option is to check whether the password is still stored in your browser. Google "how to view saved passwords in....which ever browser you use" for instructions on how to do that.

Sadly if you are no longer a VM customer and it is more than 90 days since the broadband account was closed then VM support staff will not be able to help you access the email account.

Hope that helps a bit.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh ok, thank you. No idea what questions might have been an very long time since it was accessed.
I did try sending a test mesage and it didn't bounce but looks like it might be a lost cause.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Satchi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Your email address could be the process of being deleted as we are currently auditing inactive mailboxes but as you are inactive customer, we may not be able to recover your mailbox.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Satchi,

Sorry for the delay but the team have now advised that the addresses have now been removed from our systems and servers.

Regards,

Steven_L