cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to an old Virgin Media blue yonder email account

john-wiggins
Tuning in

I have an old blueyonder email account that it would be useful to recover some important emails from. Can someone contact me to help with this? The address is still active as I still receive emails from another alias that forwards to my gmail account

26 REPLIES 26

Anankha
Problem sorter

Can you log into the account via webmail? If not is there any error message?
Is the account connected to an active broadband account? If not then the address may have been deleted.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi John-Wiggins, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I am sorry you are having email issues.

Can you please confirm if you have active virgin media services?

Zoie

Yes I do - I can give you my account number if required.

Hi john-wiggins, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As you're an existing customer, you should be able to access the email address directly. You will need to log in to My VM here. Once logged in, go to the Manage My Profile section and you can reset the password to the email account. 

If the email address isn't there then it's likely connected to a different account you may have held in the past. If this is the case then we'll need to look in to things further to check. 

Let me know how the above goes first and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks - I checked my current account and there are no additional accounts attached to my account, so it probably isn’t linked. Is there still something that can be done?

Hi @john-wiggins,

If you're unable to locate it on the current account you have with us then it would be linked to a previous account that you had with us. If you can recall details that may be linked to the email account in question, please respond to the private message I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi - I'm having a similar problem and calling 150 got me nowhere.

I have an old blueyonder.co.uk email account that still works but if I try to connect it to my account it says email not available.  It has been hacked and I need to change the password.  It may be linked to an old account at a previous address.  But the basics are I need a way to change the password.

Hey Craigleith95,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, did you leave Virgin Media and then come back as a new customer and are now trying to add the email to your new account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I the same issue, I have an old blueyonder account that is still active but cannot be accessed from the main account, keeps just saying not available. The email address is still sending occassional spam but more importantly has been used by someone to register to an Instagram account for someone in the U,S.

I need to shut down the email account before it affects my identity

Any assistance would be good