cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a blueyonder alias that is still used by my wife

Wakefield125
Joining in

When I first signed up with Blueyonder.co.uk, I was able to set up 5 aliases if I wanted and I still have two that I use, one for my wife and one for my church.

This afternoon out of the blue (sorry for pun) my wife's account said it needed a new password which neither of us can remember so we cannot get into the account.

Also the one I have for the church I can use but cannot sign into.

How do I access these aliases and can they be changed to stand alone email addresses? 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wakefield125 Blueyonder used to allow aliases and secondary accounts.  Alias share the same mailbox and password as the parent email address.

Secondary accounts, which could also have aliases set up would have their own mailbox and password again shared with the relevant alias.

The process of changing any blueyonder password as well as other VM email addresses has recently changed.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jem101
Superstar

@Wakefield125 wrote:

When I first signed up with Blueyonder.co.uk, I was able to set up 5 aliases if I wanted and I still have two that I use, one for my wife and one for my church.

This afternoon out of the blue (sorry for pun) my wife's account said it needed a new password which neither of us can remember so we cannot get into the account.

Also the one I have for the church I can use but cannot sign into.

How do I access these aliases and can they be changed to stand alone email addresses? 

OK, look bottom line. as per Graham's post above, VM have reorganised things its such a way that you have no option but to call customer services and ask them to reset the password on the secondary account. I would, in the call absolutely stress the email address, you want the password changing on, as there is a fair chance that the untrained person* may well change the password on your primary/main address instead.

*Oh and for any member of the forum team who happen to respond, please do not argue against my 'untrained' comment - well, maybe 'poorly trained' is better.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Wakefield125,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any email issues that you've faced, so we can investigate the matter further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain