Menu
thompa
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Access to Virginmedia email

Hi there,

We have been longtime Virgin users and have had no issues with my email until the past few days. This coincided with a trip to Ireland  but I don't think this is connected!

My phone connects to the Virginmedia mail servers using the Gmail app and I was seeing messages informing that my 'credentials' were needed to access my Virginmedia email account. I tried accessing webmail using a browser... but up came a 'Sorry' screen informing my account was temporarily unavailable. I tried using the 'forgot password' option but that link pointed to a page that was not there!

I called Virginmedia and they reset the password and all was fine - emails were able to be read and sent as normal, for around 24 hours.

When I could, bearing in mind we were travelling, I called Virginmedia again.. and they reset the password again allowing me to gain access again.

Travelling back home, everything was fine with email on my phone, until we arrived. Access from the phone and through a browser to Virginmedia Email again not working. This time the agent on the phone pointed me to the fact my email account was a Secondary account and directed me to login to the main account (an email address that I don't like) and change the password to the secondary account. This worked... so I now have a workaround....

That was yesterday. Today, I cannot access the secondary account email again!

What can be done to stop this happening? I don't have any other computer switched on.. so no access to this account from anywhere else.

Thanks in anticipation,

Allan

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to Virginmedia email

The Forum Team may be able to shed light by looking in your account for information not available to the community.  While you wait, it might be worth checking your settings for all your email addresses and general security on all devices.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-temporarily-locked

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI thompa, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your email account and you keep needing to change the password.

It sounds like I'll need to take a closer look at the account, so I'm going to pop you a PM.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
thompa
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa,

Read your PM and then tried to reply only to see a message saying 'You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.'

Gets crazier!

I have not sent you a message yet!

Hope you can help.

regards,

Allan

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh, how odd 😞 

Have you logged out and logged back in to see if that helps?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
thompa
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Melissa,

I managed to send the PM after a short time... don't know why... anyway - hope you received it!

Have been away from late yesterday to this evening.

I now find I cannot log into the primary account now! Really frustrating.

regards,

Allan

0 Kudos