Menu
c-dash
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Access to Old .ntlworld.com Email Account

I'm trying to regain access to an old ntlworld.com email address that was setup many years ago. After checking some old records I'm certain I have the address correct but when I try and do a forgotten password request for address the VM website says "Unable to find your username".

As I say, I am certain I have the address correct but thinking the account may have been purged due to inactivity and wondering if there is any way to regain access to it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to Old .ntlworld.com Email Account

First question - are you still a virgin media broadband customer and is the email address concerned linked to you current account?  Given what you write about the user name not found I suspect the answer is no.

What results do you get when checking the email address on mailtester.com? If it still shows as active and you still have a VM broadband account there may be a very slim chance of regaining access to the address.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
c-dash
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access to Old .ntlworld.com Email Account

Thanks for the reply.

I am still a Virgin Media customer however the email address isn't listed under the emails on my current account.

Mailtester is giving me the following result:

E-mail address does not exist on this server

I don't actually need anything that was on the account prior (I doubt there would be much on there anyway) but the address is linked to an old PlayStation Network account I'm trying to regain access to so I am unable to receive the password recovery email without it. But I can no lkonger make an email with this address extension.

0 Kudos