cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to NTL emails

katbart
Joining in

10 days ago I suddenly stopped being able to receive and send emails using my ntlworld email which I have used since day zero!! Help!!!

Message said on phone screen: "Cannot get mail. The mail server "imap.viginmedia.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings". 

This came out of the blue as I hadn''t changed anything. For the last week I have been searching online for solutions. I have an icloud email that I can use as a safety net but everyone has my ntlworld email and I want to keep using that. In a fit of pique, I deleted the ntlworld account off my phone yesterday, hoping to re-install it but I can't find a way of doing this. I have a virginmedia.com email account showing however which I have never used. 

Does anybody have any suggestions please as to how to resurrect my ntlworld account as I don't want to have to contact everybody with a new email address and lose all my old emails!

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

@katbart OK first things first, are you a current VM broadband subscriber? If not then I have some bad news, but if you are and can login to the my.virginmedia.com portal with your main broadband account details, then is the email address in question listed under profile/other accounts (I think)?

Also see this post 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

John

Thank you for replying so promptly. Yes I am a VM broadband customer still. When I went into Accounts there was only the viginmedia.com email address there -  no ntlworld.com one.

@katbart OK I have escalated this to the forum team to contact you and, hopefully, sort it out. The fact that the ntlworld account wasn’t listed, indicates that is wasn’t ever ever associated with your broadband account, and as such it was prone to be deleted.

Now there are certain criteria which need to be met if the email account can be properly associated with your BB account, and these might not be possible to achieve. Let’s see what the forum staff can do.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @katbart,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your email. I understand how frustrating this can be.

Thank you to @jem101 for providing some great advice and for escalating this issue to us to see what we can do to help. 

In order to look into this issue further, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs