cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access second email

carlc
Tuning in

I have a second email address that my wife uses and cannot set it up on her Samsung mobile,  it keeps saying that either the email address or password is wrong,  but I know that both are correct,  and have even reset the password and had an email to confirm this. I can still access the emails from the PC using Windows mail though . Any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi carlc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this to update things. 

When changing the password, you need to ensure that you're changing it to something completely different to anything you've ever used before. Changes are the temporary password from the support team was just that which unlocked the account for you. 

If you have this issue again in future, try the password change and if that doesn't help - pop back to us here and we can help things further for you. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi carlc,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and welcome back to our community, sorry to hear your wife isn't able to access her email via her Tablet although you have no issues Via your PC, can she get them Via webmail directly here?

Regards

Paul.

No , it still says the email address or password is not recognised 

Sorry for the late reply,  also its a new Samsung mobile that we ate trying to access it from if that makes any difference,  thanks

Carlc wrote -- "also its a new Samsung mobile that we ate trying to access it from if that makes any difference,  thanks.."

Never eat mobiles -- doesn't to them or you any good....!  😉

"are"

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @carlc

Just to confirm are you still a virgin media customer?  

On the tablet/phone how are you accessing the email address,  Is this via a 3rd party app? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes , still a virgin media customer, and we are trying to access it through the Samsung email app, the same app I'm using on my phone which is exactly the same model. I can access my email,  but even though my wife's email is listed in my account profile, I cannot access it via my mobile,  we can only access it from her windows PC at the moment. 

Thanks for coming back to us carlc

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and this should now be resolved.

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes , it's sorted now,  thanks.