Menu
rdmusername1232
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Access or Close Old Virgin Email Account

Hello, came to the forum after a couple of very unhelpful web chats. I'm looking to either access or close an old virgin.net email account, and understand from other posts in this forum that if I raise a question here, a helpful moderator should come to my assistance in a short while!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access or Close Old Virgin Email Account

are you a current virgin internet customer?

0 Kudos
rdmusername1232
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nope - the account was closed a few years back. Some posts seemed to indicate that people who are current customers are able to connect to old email accounts; any idea if that is true?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if you are no longer a customer then only think the team can do is make sure the account is closed and deleted.

Email accounts are only for vm customers and should close 90 days after you leave but this often doesn't happen and the accounts get deleted long after

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The help you will get from a VM Forum Team member will be to close the troublesome address properly. You are not a VM broadband customer so that is as much as can be expected. Wait here for a response from one of the team members. Minimum of a week. IF you post again you'll go to the back of the queue.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
rdmusername1232
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries - thanks both. I'll keep schtum and wait to hear back from a forum team member.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rdmusername1232,

I shall most likely only be able to ensure your old email address is completely removed from our data base. But I'll take a look to make sure - just reply to my PM (purple envelope top right) and I'll get back to you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos