cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal technical support. They don't have a clue.

smonty
Joining in

One of my email accounts was disabled on Friday morning,  Another continued working.

On Friday at 11:00am, tech support said they would re-enable it 'in an hour'.

This did not happen.

At 11:30am on Saturday tech support said they would re-enable it 'in 3 - 5 hours and call me by phone to confirm'.

This did not happen.

At 10pm on Saturday tech support said they would re-enable it 'within 24- 48 business hours, which will be Tuesday'.

I am waiting.

Your service is unreliable.   Your support is abysmally incompetent.

I have been without email access for 4 days and expect at least another day of no service before attempting to get it reconnected again.  It has taken repeated, long, calls to get anybody to agree to do anything, even though they admit a problem.

I pay £70 per month to Virgin but am treated like an annoyance.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Smonty, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your email service, I would be happy to help get this resolved. 

In order to do this, I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

After 10 days I am STILL without email.

Useless.  Absolutely useless.

Did you get a private massage from @Natalie_L and replied with the information she would have requested? What was the outcome from that? Have you heard nothing back at all?

This....

Re: Abysmal technical support. They don't have a clue.

Thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate you have previously attempted to resolve this issue prior to the ticket being raised on the 7th September. Unfortunately the steps taken to resolve this issue were not successful which had lead to the technical teams involvement. 

At this stage, I am afraid we will need to allow the technical team time to resolve the problem. Once again, our apologies for any stress of inconvenience caused. 

Nat

I have just emailed the CEO and Head of Complaints at Virgin, respectively Lutz Schueler and Daniel with the following text.  This is not the first time I have emailed them and it has resulted in a little, if completely ineffectie, action.

Daniel, Lutz

My email stopped working on 3rd September.  It has still not been fixed on 15th September.

I have now been without access to my emails for 13 days.  Virgin has not resolved the situation and has offered very little communication.  There will be emails that are important to me that I cannot read.

WOULD YOU ACCEPT THAT YOURSELF?

If you were in my position, what would you do?

PLEASE ADVISE. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

I have just emailed the CEO and Head of Complaints at Virgin, respectively Lutz Schueler and Daniel Potts with the following text.  This is not the first time I have emailed them and it has resulted in a little, if completely ineffective, action.

Daniel, Lutz

My email stopped working on 3rd September.  It has still not been fixed on 15th September.

I have now been without access to my emails for 13 days.  Virgin has not resolved the situation and has offered very little communication.  There will be emails that are important to me that I cannot read.

WOULD YOU ACCEPT THAT YOURSELF?

If you were in my position, what would you do?

PLEASE ADVISE. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smonty

I am so sorry for the frustration your locked mailbox is causing. I understand this is not ideal at all that you cannot read your emails.

I have checked for an update on the IT ticket raised and the ticket is still assigned, there are no further updates yet unfortunately. I would like to apologise for the time this is taking to resolve.

I can see that you already have a complaint raised, please allow 28 days to receive a response to your complaint.

Apologies again for any stress this has caused,

Serena