Menu
joe-wilson489
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

90 days email after leaving, a joke.

Hi Collette,

As YOU have been the ONLY person that has helped me in the 12 months I've had Virgin, Now I have left I still need assistance.

I was told, (By a Real Person) that I have 90 days to access my email after leaving to transfer my contacts.  Unfortunately this is not happening and even trying to get help has been stopped.

So,any chance of you doing your magic again, and trying to sort this one out for me please.

cheers

0 Kudos
joe-wilson489
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

explaining my 90 day email dilema

Hi All,

After reading through a lot of posts here i don't hold out much hope but here goes.

I gave Virgin the proper 30 days notice to quit in Dec 18,

I was told (By a Real Person  lol) that I had 90 days to get all my contacts and addresses from the server ect, so early Jan 19 my acc closed as expected.

What I didn't expect was my email is now completely shut down and I have NO WAY to get to them. NoBody seems interested in assisting me in any way. These addresses are important to me. and to make it worse, my new email is playing up and not letting me log on properly yet. so i am stuck.

Can Anyone assist plz.

cheers,

joe

0 Kudos
joe-wilson489
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: explaining my 90 day email dilema

PS,

As some may expect, it is a 

Virginmedia.com  email address.

Joe.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have merged your separate but identical threads. It is against Forum rules to post twice on the same issue in separate threads. If you want the goodwill of Forum users don't make it harder for us help by having to search around for the full story and having to work to merge threads.

You've answered your own question. You've had 90 days to retrieve all the information you needed. Once the account is closed that is it. No way back - with one exception. If you have a new VM account at a new address because it is just possible that your former e-mail address can be recovered. But it might now be too late.

If you have a new VM account then phone in (broadband faults) and ask about a "move and transfer" of the old address to the new one. Otherwise wait here and see what the VM Forum Team might be able to do to help. But that will take upwards of two weeks as they clear the Xmas backlog. The longer this is left the greater the danger of not being able to do anything.

All down to you now.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You should still be able to access the email address via IMAP using an email client until the 90 days is up in early April 2019.  Although this won't get you access to the contact list.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That is,of course, true. I hadn't bothered to calculate the days correctly. I was distracted by having to merge threads. So kudos to Graham_A.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
joe-wilson489
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys,
In my defense I wrote the first one whilst emensly Pi**ed off with VM, and after I read it, I realised I had not explained things very well / correctly so I tried again.
I have tried getting to the emails via other sites (Talktalk, Gmail etc,) but no luck, VM will not let me back in.
I hope someone has a magic key for the back door to allow access to them.
cheers all,
joe.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The two ways to access your VM mail is either by signing in to webmail (top right of the page) or IMAP

You are not going to be able to sign into your VM email address through Gmail or TalkTalk

Follow the advice above

0 Kudos
joe-wilson489
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If I could "Sign in", at the top right hand corner, then I would not be having this conversation. As for IMAP again, if I knew exactly how (Or What) it is, then I would use one, and again would not have to ask people like you for help. (At least the previous posters tried), and to be truthful, I thought Google or gmail was an IMAP...lol.

But I am open to decent (and do-able) suggestions lol

cheers

Joe.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Superfast
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mozilla Thunderbird is an email client that is free and easy to use, you could try that.