cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 error

RussC68
Tuning in

Hi i need help getting my emails up and running again. Up until last week everything was fine now i only receive email which come through [REMOVED]virgin.net 

My work email address which comes through the virgin.net suffer as [REMOVED]collardsupholstery.co.uk  is returning message to sender as 

550 The mail server could not deliver mail to [REMOVED]collardsupholstery.co.uk   The account or domain may not exist , or missing the proper dns entries.

I have no idea what this means but i do know i am not getting any important work emails that are using my [REMOVED]collardsupholstery.co.uk  address . Please help me resolve this. Its very stressful

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RussC68 

I have reported your post to the Forum Moderators so they can remove the email addresses from your post.

Post email addresses on an open forum is a very good way to ensure that those addresses get picked up by spammers so look at for a deluge of spam being sent to all those addresses over the coming weeks and months.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RussC68 

I have reported your post to the Forum Moderators so they can remove the email addresses from your post.

Post email addresses on an open forum is a very good way to ensure that those addresses get picked up by spammers so look at for a deluge of spam being sent to all those addresses over the coming weeks and months.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you for your help

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RussC68 

To get to your issue. I took the liberty of noting the problem address so that I could help you, I shall of course keep that confidential and will delete it once this thread is complete.

I ran your collardsupholstery.co.uk email address through an email verifier but that reported an error accessing the mail server. That backs up the error that Virgin Media are reporting to you when they try to send to that address.

I have also looked at the DNS for that domain name and I see that the email server is allocated to Wix.com. I assume they are the Administrators for your domain name and website. As such, I would suggest that they should be your first port of call. I assume that everything has worked up to now so it is possible they are having an issue with their email servers at the moment.

I hope that helps.

Coenoby

Thank you so much for your time. I will move on to them . Thank you. Very helpful

Thank you we believe that we have gotten to the bottom of the cause. I will update you in due course

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RussC68,

Thank you for the update, please do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide