cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden

KimNewman
Tuning in

I can access my email account on my desktop and mobile, but when I try to access it via webmail I get a 403 Forbidden notice.

This forum flags up several other people who've had the same or similar issues in the past - but there seems to be no satisfactory fix listed.

Any ideas? 

I only tend to access webmail to check if anything's been caught in the spam filter I actually need.

Kim 

14 REPLIES 14

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Same here.  I had a brief period of being unable to access emails via my Outlook 'front end' and webmail earlier this evening.  Outlook gave the all too common 'Enter your user name and password for the following server' error message and webmail 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment.  Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices'.  From past experience, that normally means security have locked the mailbox due to unspecified 'suspicious activity'!  The 150 team folk won't know what is going on as they don't seem to communicate with security and vice versa!  However, this time Outlook started working again, so the mailbox isn't locked.
However, still I'm having no joy using webmail via IE11, Edge, Opus and Firefox.  I get 403 Forbidden type messages from all of them, so it's not a browser specific error.  If it doesn't clear by the morning, I'll be chasing 150 customer services for a solution.  I've got two open formal Complaints raised about email problems at present.  I hope this doesn't make it three!  I'll let you know if I get a sensible and relevant answer for a change.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just logged into my email via Firefox and it worked fine.

Also logged in via My Virgin Media with no problems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@chp6ph1 wrote:

However, still I'm having no joy using webmail via IE11, Edge, Opus and Firefox.  I get 403 Forbidden type messages from all of them, so it's not a browser specific error.  If it doesn't clear by the morning, I'll be chasing 150 customer services for a solution.  I've got two open formal Complaints raised about email problems at present.  I hope this doesn't make it three!  I'll let you know if I get a sensible and relevant answer for a change.

Have you tried using Chrome, and clearing cookies and cache.

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the suggestions, roy247.  I'm afraid I have a thing about Chrome.  Too many well-founded rumours about it being spyware for my liking!  But I tried your suggestion on Opus.  No joy, I'm afraid.  Still 403 Forbidden.

chp6ph1
On our wavelength
Thanks! Well at least that proves it should be working for me too?

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Aaargh!  I've got Opus on the brain.  Too many hours spent messing about with audio file formats.  I mean Opera, of course.  My apologies.

I've tried to log in to my webmail on three different browsers - Chrome, Frrefox, Avast - and get the same 403 Forbidden notice.

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

And I've now tried logging in from a completely 'blank and unused' Windows account on my desktop.  So there are no residual cache or cookies to cause problems as they weren't there in the first place.  403 Forbidden as before.  Access from Outlook still working fine.  No overnight emails from internet-security@virginmedia.com saying my desktop quoting 'Our reference: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009675228' and waffling about non-existent malware, hence they've locked my mailbox (that was last week!).  So, I'm now bracing myself for spending god knows how long webchatting with '150' to get this resolved....

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

As you were.  Webchat seems to have been taken off the 'support' menu.  So 150 from our phone it is.  Deep joy.