Menu
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

403 Forbidden when I try to log in to emails

I have not been able to log in to my Virgin email account for over FOUR weeks. I have called Virgin and spoken to about 6 people about it but not got anywhere.  On Monday I spent the whole day receiving unproductive texts from various Virgin people.  It cost me over £6 to reply to these texts.  It took all day and there was no end result.  It made me completely stressed out to be hanging on all day to no purpose.  

Usually when I try to log in on mail2virginmedia.com as instructed by Virgin people I get  message "403 Forbidden". Sometimes recently I have been taken to a page called "kryptopanda". No idea why - I had never heard of it before. My account is secondary to my husband's. His works OK.  

I am 74, shielding and trying to work from home for a Museum.  I need to see emails received on this account and to see my address book. Please can someone help? 4 weeks is too long!  I can't stand the stress.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 Forbidden when I try to log in to emails

Hi Desperate1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issues. 

To clarify, is the account where the email associates is it your name or your Husband's as we need to speak to the account holder

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

Thank you for replying.  As I said in my original post, "My account is secondary to my husband's. His works OK."  Our email addresses are different but part of the same account.

When you say you need "to speak to the account holder" do you mean "speak" or correspond with on this Forum? I don't want to put our actual email address on this Forum do I?

What do you want me to do?

Regards

Desperate1  

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Desperate1

We would need to chat with the account holder directly - either on our Community Forums or over the phone. 

Can we ask how you are attempting to log into your email? Is this via webmail or via an email client? Have you attempted to change your password to see if that helps? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie W_T

How does my husband, the account holder, get to talk to you about this?  He has always been happy to talk on the phone to Virgin and still is - if we can hold of anyone.

I don't really understand what you mean by " [are you attempting to log into email]  - Is this via webmail or via an email client?".  As I've already said in the thread on this Forum, "I try to log in on mail2virginmedia.com as instructed by Virgin people".  We have tried this directly in various browsers.

Yes, the password has been changed twice with no result.

One of the most annoying problems we have found - when talking to each new Virgin person they do not seem to know what has been tried before and act as though it's a new problem.  None of them get any further forward.

Regards

Desperate1

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this situation Desperate1. I'm aware that this may be part of a wider issue and the details may need to be added to a wider ticket. That's something I can arrange if you're able to complete a security check with me via PM? In the interest of getting it sorted out asap I'll get in touch shortly so we can get the ball rolling.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Didn't see your message from Sunday until now.  A Virgin person talked to my husband on Sunday and said she would refer it to technical or something like that.  Nobody has been in touch with us since then.  Not by phone or on here.

Don't know how to PM but will try if you can tell me how.  You said you'd 'get in touch shortly' - please do.

Jane

0 Kudos
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_F

I still need some help.

Regards

Desperate1

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Desperate1,

I've had a look at the account using your forum details and I can see that an IT ticket has been raised for this issue yesterday correctly.

This isn't something we're able to give a time frame on sorry, but I assure you it's in hand.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Desperate1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_RM

Well that sounds like good news.  Thank you.

Regards

Desperate1

0 Kudos