cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden topic again

pani
Joining in

Hi all,

So I can send and receive emails off my phone but cannot access them on a web browser anywhere.

Firefox my default - cleared cache and cookies and all history. Didn't work.

Changed my account password - didn't work.

Different PC with different browser on a different Wifi network - didn't work.

Phone browser on 4G - didn't work.

I am basically unable to access my mailbox unless I'm using my mobile phone email app and it is driving me mad. Who do I need to contact to solve this as this is a fault that isn't at my end.

6 REPLIES 6

pani
Joining in
Can someone flag this for the IT team to look at please unless I've missed something obvious but I've tried everything suggested in the community help guidelines and nothing has fixed it.

Hi @pani

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with our email service on your browsers. Can you confirm that you're trying to access your emails directly from our webmail platform or via a third party app/mail client?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi there,

Yes I can confirm it is through the virgin webmail platform via the virginmedia website.

Hi pani, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking our systems at this end, the email isn't locked and as it's working on the mail client app, it suggests the issue isn't with the email account itself. 

As a just in case, can you try following the forgotten password link for your email and resetting the password to something you've never used before? Leave it an hour after changing it and then try logging in again. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I've just gone back through the main website and into my account to change the password and lo and behold it just randomly let me into my inbox...absolutely stumped as it just wouldn't play ball for so long. Thank you for you help and I hope this is the last time I have this issue.

Regards.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pani

Thank you very much for the update, I'm glad to hear you are now able to access your inbox again. If you experience any further issues please do get back in touch.

Best wishes,

Serena