Menu
anggib
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

403 Forbidden error on webmail

As with other members I have had the same issue with my email. Following numerous hours spent on the phone to Virgin Media support I can now access emails via my mobile phone. I was told the problem would be fixed within 48 hours but I am still unable to access emails via webmail. My account was blocked by Virgin Media and the advise was sent via email which I could not access.

I have a number of issues outstanding at present and this one only adds to my frustration. The only calls I seem to receive are ones to up-sell other products.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 403 Forbidden error on webmail

Hi Anggib,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your emails, we can indeed help with this here on the forums.

Before we get started I just need to ask you to run a virus scan on all your devices that had access to your email, this could be your phone, tablet, laptop, computer etc. 

I also just need to know if the NTL email is connected to a live media account too please? 

Also, can you please clear the cookies and cache on your web browsers before we get started. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
anggib
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding. Virus scan is ok and I have cleared cookies etc. I have also rebooted desktop pc.

Not sure what you mean by "NTL email account being connected to live account "

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi anggib, 

Thanks for giving me all of that information 🙂

In answer to your question I've had some instances where users have an ancient NTL email from like 20 years ago which they created without signing up for any of our services, (because you could do that somehow way back in the day) thus they didn't have a live media account with broadband, TV etc. And in that rare instance we can't help because there's no account to work off. 

But it sounds like you do have have an account so that's okay 🙂

I'm going to send you a PM now so I can have a look at your account on my side and enable your mailbox. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
anggib
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou

0 Kudos
kopnut
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi to All ,  please accept my apologies beforehand for hijacking this thread, it may save time in regards starting a new thread. I have a ntlworld.com email account which is a secondary account to the wife's primary account. The wife's account is ok, no probs whatsoever but  I get " Forbidden error 403" page, all white, all blank page and this is on ALL browsers I try access my emails on. I have cleared cookies, history,  caches etc and changed passwords numerous times as instructed by the customer care team which I have phoned numerous times. The last time I rung they said they would ring back within 24hrs because they couldn't help me in my problem....  but still waiting.😞 Would appreciate the help please !, thank you .

Regards 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @kopnut 

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello kopnut

Can you please check your Purple envelope for a private message 

I would need to pass security to get this looked at 

Once that has been done It will more than likely be an IT request from this end

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanos for those details kopnut

Looking at this is appears we have found some suspicious activity on your home network 

Can you please try this

1) run anti-virus scans on all
 devices. 
2) reset the myvm password t
 something new that hasn't been used  
 before. 
3) login to webmail and set  
 back up any intentional forwarding   

Then see if you can you access your email again 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos