cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 years now my Virgin Media email account cant be accessed ?

john105
Tuning in

Hello ,

has anyone had their account disabled ?

VM do not provide BBand over fibre in my area so i had to leave...

My email stopped working on 28th june 2022 ....

does anyone have a solution how i can get temp access ?

many thanks 

John 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Normal Virgin Media practice is that email accounts are deleted 90 days after the related broadband account is closed.  This was erratically enforced for a good few years, meaning a few people kept accounts running for years after they cancelled.  However, customer email is now a "sunset" product that VM are looking to drop sooner or later (eg new customers can't now sign up for any VM email service), they're now much keener to both close at the 90 days, and to round up any rogue email accounts that should have been closed much longer ago. 

There are some very few exceptions, but if your email has been closed and deleted in line with VM's policy then chances are that it has gone forever.  Any emails downloaded to a client program on an existing device of yours will still be there, but you won't be able to send any email, and anything not stored locally is likely to be irretrievable. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Normal Virgin Media practice is that email accounts are deleted 90 days after the related broadband account is closed.  This was erratically enforced for a good few years, meaning a few people kept accounts running for years after they cancelled.  However, customer email is now a "sunset" product that VM are looking to drop sooner or later (eg new customers can't now sign up for any VM email service), they're now much keener to both close at the 90 days, and to round up any rogue email accounts that should have been closed much longer ago. 

There are some very few exceptions, but if your email has been closed and deleted in line with VM's policy then chances are that it has gone forever.  Any emails downloaded to a client program on an existing device of yours will still be there, but you won't be able to send any email, and anything not stored locally is likely to be irretrievable. 

thanks for response....it only stopped working on 28 June 2022 , hope i can get temp access , just for 24hrs.... 

thanks to anyone who can help ?

Hi @john105,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear that you have lost access to your ntlword email. I can understand the inconvenience caused and want to best help. 

We do not have the means to give temporary access to the email inbox as once the email is deleted from our service, it is irreversible. However, I can take a further look into this for you to see what can be possible. I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs