cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Email accounts not working

MalcP
Tuning in

2 of my 4 email accounts are working but my main and one other are not. No emails for 2 days. It's asking for password but on checking Outlook log 235 authentification succeeded is reported and then

[tx] MAIL FROM: <*****>
2021.08.22 13:28:29 SMTP (smtp.virginmedia.com): <rx> 550 5.1.0 From address is invalid (VM402)
2021.08.22 13:28:29 SMTP (smtp.virginmedia.com): End execution

I get the message your mailbox is not available when trying to login to emails through the virgin site.

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM402 error indicates there is a mismatch between the email address authenticated with the SMTP server and that specified in the From field of the email being sent. For example, if the email address authenticated with the SMTP is richard.branson@virginmedia.com  and the From field value is the same then the send is successful however if the From field value is richard.branson@virgin.net  it will fail with a VM402 error.

Check your email client to confirm the account's email address corresponds to that used in its SMTP server authentication credentials.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks