cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

Back in October 2021 we announced our first joint product that gives customers the best of both Virgin Media and O2.

When you’re with both of us, you’ll enjoy double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household, a broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area), and supercharged connectivity at home or on the move.

All on top of the lightning-fast speeds, reliability and rewards you’d expect.

group_3x_b22b6a6539.png

Supercharged data & broadband speeds

Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area).

group_2_3x_7e9988d6d0.png

Supercharged connectivity

Up to three WiFi Pods at no extra cost when you get Intelligent WiFi Plus, plus O2 Travel Inclusive Zone, together we’ll keep you connected.

group_3_3x_3fba771d5d.png

Tech treats

Take out a phone on a new O2 Custom Plan and get up to £150 off an additional O2 Custom Plan for a connected tablet, laptop or smartwatch – just give O2 a ring or pop into an O2 shop to claim your discount.

For more information visit our ultimate guide to Volt.

17 Comments
Cardona
Joining in

Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, thank you very much.

Raf54
Tuning in

Volt: Benefits for being with both Virgin Media and O2

I just renewed my package days ago then got email price increase

as this package consists of 2 accounts 1X Virginmedia and 1X O2 Sim Account 

it appears people like me will be hit twice with increase charges £8.50 Virgin Service and 3% on O2 Sim account. People be aware you could be paying around 13% minimum of increase in my case £136 on my virgin package alone 

johndm
Superfast

Cancelled my Virgin mobile accounts and took out new ones with O2, then spent a while on O2 chat and Virgin chat to get everything sorted, all swapped over pretty easily, one SIM of the two updated to double data within a few hours, Virgin BB bumped up from 350 to 500 in just a day or so with no extra charges.

Pretty happy, hope to get double data on the second SIM in the future, but will I get another speed bump to 1 Gig? LOL  😉

One SIM was due for a £15 early termination fee but not charged for that? (so far anyway)

Raf54
Tuning in

Received call from Virgimedia and was informed that no increase on new package email referred to old package which ends in Feb

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I recommend a family member who is a. Virginmedia customer and has been for 20 years at the same address to get volt by changing is SIM only monthly on smarty that runs on 3 network and get a 12 month SIM only O2 contract then phone to get his package changed to volt.

He did so however phoned Virginmedia to give his o2 mobile number and couldnt get volt they refused not only that tried to hike is package up.

He tried in the O2 app to activate volt for that to say can't get Virginmedia services at his address when he's been a customer for 20 years.

I told him to ring again still no joy and then told him to ring O2 who told him they was absolutely fed up with Virginmedia not activing the volt, they doubled his data as per volt and had to fill in a form on his behalf to get is 200 mb upgraded to next speedboost of 350 mb and told takes 14 days.

Why are customers still having issues claiming their volt perks

RicardoR1
Joining in

Users of Virgin Media's TV, broadband, and landline packages can now access O2's Priority rewards scheme app, which is normally exclusive to O2's customers. Courtesy of the new incentive, customers no longer need a dedicated O2 plan to receive rewards, including high street vouchers and event tickets.

kazimayub93
Joining in

If i am on a virgin media contract and get an o2 sim to get volt benefits (since i have the virgin media broad band) will there any early termination fees?. Since I will be moving my existing number to the o2 network to avail volt benefits.

Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kazimayub93 no, on the assumption that all you're doing is adding an O2 pay monthly plan (and you're not moving from Virgin Mobile).

Clarissa2
Joining in

Enjoy double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household, a broadband speed boost to the next available level  and supercharged connectivity at home or on the move.

JonReese
On our wavelength

Any update on when you might be able to deal with shortened first names? My Virgin Media account is under "Jonathan" and my O2 account is "Jon". I don't see why I need to fanny around getting my birth certificate together and scanning it, and sending it, just to get the Volt benefits activated. Surely some manual intervention can sort it?!

Raf54
Tuning in

Renewed virginmedia contract in January 2222 virginmedia volt O2 sim card.

Have been hit with a price increase from O2 and was assured this would not happen.

It appears communications problem this is to be expected when you use 2 different companies, so customers be aware.

I will be in future looking at my contract with this tied in sim with 02 which I do not need.

Have contacted virginmedia and O2

Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonReese we'll be introducing premise matching from tomorrow which means any accounts where the addresses match will be eligible for Volt benefits. 

Keep an eye on your My O2 app from tomorrow to opt in. Once you're in the app, go to 'Offers', then 'Supercharge your world with Volt', then tap 'See what you can get. From here, simply fill in the details you're asked for and within 14 days you should have your benefits applied on both your O2 and Virgin Media accounts.

JonReese
On our wavelength

@Kei_M thank you so much for this. I've just applied for my benefits. Fingers crossed!

SugaredJake
Joining in

I've managed to get most of my volt benefits set up between my 1 accounts but does anyone know how to request the WiFi boosting pods? Downstairs gets extremely weak signal (210mb next to router, 18mb in the kitchen) which isn't helped by most smart TVs having poor WiFi receivers.

Tiberius-Jethro
Tuning in

Even though I have 350 Meg of Broadband and 2 mobile phones through O2, when I apply for Volt. It says that broadband is not available in my area, funny as cramp!!!! As I have been a Virgin customer for over 10 years. Total waste of time. 

I don't expect anyone from Virgin will contact me unless they want to flog me TV that I don't want.

Savanna5
Joining in

Downstairs gets extremely weak signal (210mb next to router, 18mb in the kitchen) which isn't helped by most smart TVs having poor WiFi receivers.

jen-dea
On our wavelength

Why does virgin not honour volt but 02 does?