cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're pleased to announce that we've strengthened our partnership with Netflix.

Virgin Media O2 has today refreshed its top packages, the Ultimate Volt bundle and the Biggest TV bundle, to include a Netflix Standard Plan, offering customers all of their favourite entertainment in one easy and convenient place.

Expanding on the already fully integrated experience and the existing option to add Netflix to their bill, Virgin TV customers who take one of the newly refreshed bundles can now enjoy a Netflix Standard Plan as part of their package, meaning there’s no need for a separate payment or direct debit.

As part of the bundle shake up, new and existing customers can enjoy ultrafast broadband speeds and a data-rich mobile SIM, with the ability to manage their Netflix plan along with their regular TV service via My Virgin Media online or through the My Virgin Media app coming soon.

Virgin Media O2 customers who haven’t yet discovered Netflix can now enjoy great quality TV, movies and documentaries that they’ll love and can watch as much as they want, all as part of their Virgin TV bundle, while those who do already have a Netflix plan can simply transfer their billing to Virgin Media to enjoy the ease and convenience of Netflix as part of their Ultimate Volt or Biggest TV package. And, for telly lovers who want to upgrade from the Standard Plan to a Netflix Premium Plan, Virgin Media O2 is offering the option to do so for just £5 more per month so members of their household can enjoy Netflix in 4K on up to four devices simultaneously.

Introducing the new Ultimate Volt bundle 

The Ultimate Volt bundle, Virgin Media O2’s first joint offering, combines the power of Virgin Media’s fixed network with O2’s award winning mobile network, to give customers of both brands more – more speed, more data, more value. Customers who take the Ultimate Volt can enjoy Gig 1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites, two Virgin TV 360 boxes and a Netflix Standard plan, as well as access to exclusive perks and experiences with Priority. Packing plenty of speed, data and entertainment to keep the whole household happy, the newly updated Ultimate Volt offers incredible value from £85 per month.

Introducing the new Biggest TV bundle 

The new Biggest TV bundle offers M100 Fibre broadband, BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD, Sky Movies in HD and Sky Sports as well as unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile numbers, a Virgin TV 360 box and a Netflix Standard Plan. Ideal for TV fanatics, the Biggest TV bundle is available from £87 per month.

This addition of Netflix follows Virgin Media being the first Pay TV provider to bring the Netflix app onto its service back in 2013, with single billing added in 2018. Since the beginning of the partnership, Virgin Media has seen an exponential increase in viewing through the Netflix app on Virgin TV, with millions of hours watched already in the first few months of 2022 alone.

Find out more about Virgin Media O2’s bundles at https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/netflix

FAQ

I'm an existing customer / I already have Ultimate Volt from before Netflix was added - will Netflix be added to my package automatically?

If you are have the Ultimate Oomph Bundle or the Ultimate Volt Bundle taken out before 21st March 2022, unfortunately Netflix will not be included in your bundle. You will need to move to one of the new bundles (Biggest TV Bundle, Biggest TV Volt Bundle, or Ultimate Volt Bundle) to benefit from inclusive Netflix.

What happens after I take out one of the new bundles?

Once you move to one of the new bundles, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate Netflix, usually within 24 hours. Please follow the link in that email in order to activate your Netflix account. If you already have Netflix, simply use the same email address that’s currently associated to your Netflix account during the activation process, and your Netflix account will transfer over automatically, with your profiles, watchlist and viewing history intact. Please do not try to activate Netflix via your Set top Box, if you are not on one of the bundles above, as this may result in Netflix billing being added to your account, which is a chargeable service.

117 Comments
kazianco1
Tuning in

Just bought the Ultimate Volt package with netflix.  Still no netflix email.  Spoke to CS who say that netflix is only valid for 6 months!!! and that is an O2 add on nothing to do with Virgin.
Doesn't say anything about this being a restricted service on the website or T&C when ordering. 
Can anyone advise as this is false advertising if so.

dmason197
Fibre optic

Hold onto your remote…

Don’t miss getting Netflix included in your Ultimate Volt bundle – at no extra cost

Hello Dean,

We don’t want you to miss out on incredible TV, so we’re including the Netflix Standard Plan as part of your Ultimate Volt bundle, at no extra cost.

Netflix has something for everyone, and it’s easy to find what you love – whether it’s gripping TV shows, epic movies or chilling documentaries. You can watch as much as you want, on up to two devices at the same time. In stunning HD, too.

All you need to do is follow the two steps below and you’ll be good to go.

Step 1

Pop your details in here. We’ll then send you an email with instructions

on how to set up your Netflix account. Please note: it can take up to 7 days for this email to arrive.

Step 2

Choose whether you want to add the Netflix Standard Plan to your Ultimate Volt bundle at no extra cost, or upgrade to the Netflix Premium Plan for only £5 extra a month, so you can watch on up to four devices and in 4K Ultra HD.

Already got the Netflix Standard Plan? No problem. Complete the same steps above – making sure you use the same email address that’s registered to your current Netflix account – and everything will transfer over to us automatically. We’ll cover the cost if you go for the Netflix Standard Plan.

Be quick – this offer won’t be around forever.

Enjoy!

The Virgin Media O2 team

daveoc
Up to speed

Err, I'm on Ultimate Volt but I've not had this email?. How do I go about getting it?.

dmason197
Fibre optic

I think u need an email invitation from Virgin Media then you can add Netflix Standard Plan for free?

It might be worth calling Customer Services If u didn't recieve an invite 🤔 🙄 😕 

Kind regards 

Dean

Gavlar6
Tuning in

I received an e -mail offering me the Netflix Standard Subscription on the 5th April 2022. I joined  Ultimate Volt in February 2022. I accepted the offer by the e-mail link. My Netflix subscription was due for renewal, so I cancelled it on the 7th April. I received a message from Netflix saying sorry you are  leaving and the date my contract ended. Today, 8th April, I received a second email with the link to set up my Netflix account with Virgin Media . I went through the steps, including upgrading to Premium, and activated the account.Immediately I received  an email from Netflix with the correct package and that Virgin Media is the partner and Welcome Back. Netflix is working with my usual wish list

Rick111J
Tuning in

It’s rubbish - I’ve got retentions team trying to make me take Ultimate Volt package with only 600 Meg. Stock issues but expecting me to take out 18 month contract with only part of the offer. Very very frustrating and I’ve today cancelled my contract after being a happy ultimate oomph customer. 

krustydad
On our wavelength

I canceled my direct NF subscription today so I could add it to my VM account.
I've been told incorrectly that I WILL get the free subscription - when I went through the process, I was greeted with prices that are £2/month more than subscribing direct (where Premium UHD package is VM=£15.99/m v NF=£13.99/m) 

So, are paying customers subsidising the "free" new subscriptions?

dmason197
Fibre optic

So am I being charged for Netflix or not as I'm still very confused 

Kind regards 

Dean

PhilipF
Superfast

We are aware that there have been some issues with the Netflix activation email not sending through correctly. This issue is set to be resolved tomorrow, so please keep an eye out for an email from us about this in the next day or so. Keep us updated if this issue is still ongoing and you've not received an email. I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
StuBFrost
Tuning in

I’m still waiting for an activation email after getting the offer of standard Netflix on my plan. 

anthpieface
Joining in

I'm still waiting for the email link to finish the sign up. I phoned customer service  Friday the 8th with the promise that Virgin's IT department will look into why I have not received the email link within 7 days. Terrible service, why have an offer if we can't take advantage of it.  

dmason197
Fibre optic

So am I being charged for Netflix or not as I'm still very confused 

Kind regards 

Dean

Grahammaclellan
Joining in

Hi I have signed up for Netflix as my package changed to ultimate volt on 22nd of March 2022. I signed up after getting email telling me i can add free netflix and have received my new contract saying Netflix included but no email to activate my netflix account. I can see Netflix and activate button on my account but when I click on this it says I will be charged for standard package. How do I get email as it looks as though customer services are not much help after reading comments

dmason197
Fibre optic

If u activate this via Netflix after u have done this through the activation link u will NOT be charged

I did this and I'm not being charged once u have followed the activation page?

Kind regards 

Dean

Grahammaclellan
Joining in

I have not had email with activation link, I can see activate button on my virgin media account only but says 9.99 for standard plan

anthpieface
Joining in

Same here, no activation link email. If I press the activate Netflix  button on my account page I am taken  to the normal Netflix sign up page. What I need to know is if I continue with the sign up will I be charged £9.99 extra for Netflix on my next Virgin media bill?

cvrich
Joining in

Why have Netflix cancelled my subscription stating my account could not be billed through my virgin media subscription

Mundo
On our wavelength

Netflix have just cancelled my subscription saying Virginmedia could not make a payment

Can you look into this please

Mundo
On our wavelength

Just been on a call to netflix for over an hour, round and round in circles, still no joy.

dmason197
Fibre optic

Well I'm still experiencing further issues with Slow Broadband speeds and buffering on YouTube and BBC iPlayer

And my Amazon Alexa are still continuing too disconnect when I'm streaming any radio stations?

Do u know If my Netflix Standard plan is working correctly activated on both sides?

Because I'm worried I might be charged for future bills because there is quite a bit of confusion with Netflix stating I'll be charged £9.99 per month?

Kind regards 

Dean