cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hub 5.jpg

Back in October we announced the launch of the new Hub 5 and we’ll be offering this to customers at no extra cost as part of a phased rollout.

Our next-generation Hub works alongside Virgin Media’s ultrafast broadband network to deliver peak WiFi performance, thanks to WiFi 6.

This latest future-proof WiFi standard, which will work with Virgin Media’s existing DOCSIS 3.1 technology, is designed to power the next-generation of connected devices – including modern smartphones, laptops, tablets and next-gen games consoles.

With this latest technology and even more WiFi antennae than its predecessor, the Hub 5 will be able to support more devices, connecting at the same time, while expanding coverage and stability which improves WiFi performance.

It means the new Hub 5 boasts increased WiFi speeds, lower latency and can help reduce interference from neighbouring hubs and devices.

The Hub 5 has been designed to support multi-gigabit speeds and comes with a 2.5Gbps ethernet port alongside three additional 1Gbps ports.

FAQ

How can I get a Hub 5? / I’m on Gig1 Fibre and need the Hub 5 to maximise my service

We've started to offer the Hub 5 as standard to new Gig1 customers as well as existing customers without a Hub 4 who upgrade to Gig1. Currently there is no other way to get a Hub 5.

Temporarily, due to stock levels at the end of last year and the start of this year. Some Gig1 customers expecting a Hub 5 may have received a Hub 4 instead. We'll be contacting these Gig1 customers to offer them a Hub 5 via email.

What are the specs?

-Broadband – DOCSIS3.1/3.0 Broadcom 3390S

-WiFi:

• 5xAntennae
    • 4x4 MiMo 5Ghz Broadcom 6715
    • 3x3 MiMo 2.4Ghz Broadcom 6710
    • WiFi 6 (802.11ax)

-Ethernet:

• 1x2.5Gbps Broadcom 54991EL
    • 3x1Gbps Broadcom 3390S
1,355 Comments
dmason197
Fibre optic

Please give us an actual registration page or valid order link so we can figure this out

Virgin Media seem too be going very quiet on this situation?

Kind regards 

Dean

jamilayz
Dialled in

@ dmason197

You can try the following as well but neither of these worked for me

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub

hifih66
Joining in

@ jamilayz

I got that message from VM, by email on 18th February. It was the last thing I heard. VM contacted me not the other way round and invited me to sign up for a Hub 5. They confirmed delivery on 3rd March but nothing happened and I haven't had a word from them for a month. Not very impressed.

jamilayz
Dialled in

@ hifih66

Can you share your invite link if possible ?

Which package are you on ?

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

Lucky you – it looks like you’ve already got our latest Hub?

Hub 3 is the latest?

dmason197
Fibre optic

No Virgin HUB Four is definitely the latest official broadband equipment from Virgin Media?

I've signed up for equipment trials before with Virgin Media but haven't heard anything?

Does Virgin Media have a trials email address I could pop them a line asking If my trials registration was successful 

Kind regards 

Dean

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to everyone. Just to confirm has anyone tried getting a hub 5 through  the engineer visit as an update More engineers are carrying hub 5s so if you haven’t already get an engineer booked as a fault. Say that your hub keeps turning off as if you say that you need an engineer to install hub 5 it could be that they refuse saying that you have to get through the email only. As I’m on gig1 and got the hub 5 by telling the engineer “I was told by customer service that an engineer would come to install the Hub 5”. That’s What I did and the engineer happily installed.

Giddy
Tuning in

@Kazam_Bhinder I tried but my engineer said he didn't carry any, and the only time he'd seen one was to take it out as it wasn't working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@giddy hey there mate I would suggest you get another engineer out,because an update is that most engineers should be carrying as more stock has arrived that’s what C/S told me.

dmason197
Fibre optic

So can't be get any official order link or registration page?

It seems quite unfair u need an engineer Just too swap the faulty router?

I keep getting slow broadband speeds and buffering on YouTube and BBC iPlayer?

And my connection drops many times per day I'm getting so frustrated 😠 😡 👿 

Kind regards 

Dean

Anonymous
Not applicable

@giddy to be honest if I had the email I would be more then happy to post.you can try live chat with them to see what to do or give them a call 150 from landline or 03454541111. That’s all I could think of as of the moment as of my personal experience.

andrewmm
Fibre optic

Welcome to Virgin @dmason197

A hub 5 would not make your line more relable

Most probably an engineer will eventualy come out

add or remove an attenuator, or report its a known problem in your area, will be fixe din next 6 months, and go

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andrewmm I agree with you 100% but it’s rare that it’s an area issue otherwise the whole area would be affected with the issue rather then one customer.Now I have 6db attenuator behind The Hub 5 my Upstream levels ranging from 54-60db but downstream are in range between 4-1db

dmason197
Fibre optic

I think an engineer removed some white adapter thing before?

And I've had a repull complete by an engineer but I'm still suffering with slow broadband speeds and buffering on YouTube and BBC iPlayer?

I also keep getting dropped connections via both WiFi or Wireless in my area PO8 (Waterlooville)

It's very frustrating?

Kind regards 

Dean

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmason197 can you confirm what hub you currently have and what package you are on as of the moment?do you experience the slow broadband when surfing on the internet or streaming except BBC and YouTube.furthermore did u reset the hub.if possible can you send your power levels. Go to 192.168.0.1 to see what can be done.

woodsyefc
Joining in

Where’s my email , ive been complaining for years about the hub 3 i have with poor wifi connection but no email, my dad who never uses the internet on the other hand gets an email 🤦🏻‍♂️

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

@woodsyefc

Same here and not offered hub 4 either.

calculus
Tuning in

I recently posted re: HuB5 not working with Galaxy Tab S2 and BT610 extender.

We have now reverted to Hub2 which is again working fine.

Hub5 defnitely has compatibility issues.

My VM call was forwarded to the Hub4 team, so I could try one of thiose, but the call 'dropped out'. ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@calculus i would suggest you go upgrade to Hub 3 or Hub 4 to make your service even smoother than your current Hub 2. Would be worth it😉.at the end that’s your choice,if your happy with the existing hub 2.but if you ever would like to upgrade to Hub 3 or Hub 4 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub 

kind regards Kazam Bhinder 

jamilayz
Dialled in

As I complained to OFCOM last week, they got in touch with me asking me to contact Virgin Complaints Team as they i.e. OFCOM will investigate once all the efforts directly with Virgin Media have been exhausted.

Contacted technical department as you can't speak with complaints team directly,  and they agreed that I should be getting download speeds up to 1130 Mbps but these speeds are limited by Hub 4. So they are going to keep monitoring my line for 10 days and are going to request their Hub 5 team to send me out a Hub 5 (don't know when that's going to happen).

They have also filed a complaint on my behalf which their resolutions teams (useless department) are looking into.

This department has got scripted responses and won't comment on the Hub 5 or offer any financial compensation for false advertising and mis-selling as even though OFCOM has acknowledged this.

I am currently going in circles with this department as need to complete my 10 days testing period and will phone up technical team for an update.

Afterwards will be taking Virgin Media to CISAS is this issue remained unresolved.