cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hub 5.jpg

Back in October we announced the launch of the new Hub 5 and we’ll be offering this to customers at no extra cost as part of a phased rollout.

Our next-generation Hub works alongside Virgin Media’s ultrafast broadband network to deliver peak WiFi performance, thanks to WiFi 6.

This latest future-proof WiFi standard, which will work with Virgin Media’s existing DOCSIS 3.1 technology, is designed to power the next-generation of connected devices – including modern smartphones, laptops, tablets and next-gen games consoles.

With this latest technology and even more WiFi antennae than its predecessor, the Hub 5 will be able to support more devices, connecting at the same time, while expanding coverage and stability which improves WiFi performance.

It means the new Hub 5 boasts increased WiFi speeds, lower latency and can help reduce interference from neighbouring hubs and devices.

The Hub 5 has been designed to support multi-gigabit speeds and comes with a 2.5Gbps ethernet port alongside three additional 1Gbps ports.

FAQ

How can I get a Hub 5? / I’m on Gig1 Fibre and need the Hub 5 to maximise my service

We've started to offer the Hub 5 as standard to new Gig1 customers as well as existing customers without a Hub 4 who upgrade to Gig1. Currently there is no other way to get a Hub 5.

Temporarily, due to stock levels at the end of last year and the start of this year. Some Gig1 customers expecting a Hub 5 may have received a Hub 4 instead. We'll be contacting these Gig1 customers to offer them a Hub 5 via email.

What are the specs?

-Broadband – DOCSIS3.1/3.0 Broadcom 3390S

-WiFi:

• 5xAntennae
    • 4x4 MiMo 5Ghz Broadcom 6715
    • 3x3 MiMo 2.4Ghz Broadcom 6710
    • WiFi 6 (802.11ax)

-Ethernet:

• 1x2.5Gbps Broadcom 54991EL
    • 3x1Gbps Broadcom 3390S
1,355 Comments
midnighttuck
On our wavelength

Wireless seems unstable for me on mobile phones, happening on 3 android mobiles, eg using Facebook or loading webpages, wireless will drop out and reconnect again moments later, and happens every few minutes when it starts.  This is in very short range of the receiver.  2.4/5ghz is enabled by default, but I may try switching it to 2.4 only to see if runs any more stable

jamilayz
Dialled in

Can anyone share the simplest and easiest way to get a Hub 5 from VM ?

It's said that we need to wait to receive an email invite, but it looks like that it can be ordered directly as well for Gig1 customers.

nuttyslack
On our wavelength

How long does it take for delivery of the hub 5 I had the email 20th jan for delivery 3rd feb but still havent received it yet.

midnighttuck
On our wavelength

Well so far, since changing wifi to only use 2.4ghz it is giving a stable connection on my android phones (just several hours in so far so this might change........however.....what hope is that that wifi6 will be stable, if it can't even run a wifi5 device stable on 5ghz!!.  This was happening to each android device. I do have a work iphone however that barely gets used, but after a few days of running stable at 2.4 I'll revert it to 2.4/5 again and see if it keeps booting off

ATLOW1
Settling in

Hopefully its better than the hub 4 which is the worst upgrade I have ever seen

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Hopefully its better than the hub 4 which is the worst upgrade I have ever seen"

Hub 5 says "hold my beer". 

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

i carnt even get hub 4 nemind 5..Whats the crack here vm?

McKenize333
On our wavelength

Keep you Updated.

Screenshot_20220206-172855_WhatsApp.jpg

midnighttuck
On our wavelength

Reenabled 5ghz and the issue replicated itself again with the wifi dropping off on mobile use usually every several minutes!!  Turned it back to 2.4ghz only and stable again....not impressed at all so far.  This occurs on 3 mobile phones that I know of, 2 x Poco X3 Pros, and 1 x Redmi Note 8 Pro

Treble1
Fibre optic

So why is the 9th February significant?

BMWCHUBB
Up to speed

vm are having a laugh at us loyal customers by giving my neighbor a hub 5?

Whats the problem VM?

McKenize333
On our wavelength

@BMWCHUBB  I've PM you   with  information  how to get one. 

josh94
Superfast

Pm me too please?

dmason197
Fibre optic

Yes me too please? I'd like the new Virgin HUB FIVE

What Is going on with the trials so far

Kind regards 

Dean

McKenize333
On our wavelength

2.5Gbs wan connected  to wan connected  on my  asus ax86u Router  very very soon

jamilayz
Dialled in

McKenize333

Can you please PM me how to get one as I have called VM upgrades and technical team so many times but they can't process this in their systems yet.

They are saying the email we should be receiving will contain a link to a form which needs to be filled in and then they will send one out without any issues.

Can someone please share the link ?

Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

Folks, whilst it's great that you're eager to get your hands on a Hub 5, you might want to save yourself from the unnecessary frustration. As covered above, you can only order via the link you receive in the the email invite and the link is unique to the account. We'll be sending out invites periodically, but it's just a case of waiting patiently. 

Bhjc
Tuning in

We have a hub 5 and for anyone wanting one, don’t bother. It’s rubbish. We’ve had so much stress with it. It’s still not working properly. Wish we hadn’t bothered. Support don’t seem to be able to help either 

McKenize333
On our wavelength

Now  I need to wait for another week  

theroninhunter
Superfast

What's the point of having a VIP package if you can't access the latest products 🤣