cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

If your services aren't performing as they should, our Service Status is the first place to go to check for faults without having to call in.

Our Service Status is a really simple, yet very clever way to help you run tests, check for local issues, restart and reboot your Virgin Media kit and even to book or reschedule visits from our engineers.

There's three easy ways to access Service Status information.

1. Click the Link

If you aren't the account holder, you can just click this link: Check Service Status

It's such a useful link that it's on every page of the Community!

2. Tap the App

The New My Virgin Media AppThe New My Virgin Media AppService Status info is available in the new My Virgin Media app, which is available from the Apple iTunes store (iOS 9 and above) and Google Play store (Android 5 and above).

Once you've downloaded the app and signed in, just click the Status button at the bottom of the app and for an overview and helpful hints and tips.

Easy! 

3. Sign in for the Full Service

Just click this link: Check Service Status or go to My Virgin Media

If you're accessing it for the first time, make sure you have your Account number and Area reference number to hand - you can find these details at the top right-hand corner of your bill.

Once you're signed in, you will see your services and their current status: this is where we will let you know if there are any known outages that may be impacting your service.

The great news is if we have identified an outage you can subscribe for updates to your mobile or email, and we will advise you on the progress and when the issue has been resolved without having to call us.

If we haven’t found a fault in your area you can select Run Test next to the equipment you would like to check.

Simply follow the instructions on the screen and we will run diagnostics and advise the next steps to improving your service.  

Want to know more? Check out our video.

If you have any questions about using My Virgin Media or the app do pop on over to our Managing Your Account - Cable board and ask away.

If you're after help getting the most from your Broadband, TV, or Phone services, then do write a post on the relevant board.