cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VirginMedia
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

October can only mean one thing for gaming fans. EGX, the UK’s biggest gaming event, is now just weeks away and the excitement is building. Last year, tens of thousands of you attended in a triumphant celebration of all things gaming, and this year promises to be even better. EGX is now bigger than ever as it moves to the ExCel Centre in London for the very first time.

EGX-Hall.jpg

When?

Thursday 17th October – Sunday 20th October 2019

Where?

ExCel, London

Should you choose to attend, you’ll be able to try out the latest blockbusting games before they are released to the public. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet creators and developers and even test your skills against some of the world’s best gamers.

We are once again proudly sponsoring the event, and this year we have stepped things up with an exciting partnership that will enhance the whole experience. We’ve teamed up with Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics, developers of the forthcoming Marvel’s Avengers game. To kick off this partnership, Virgin Media will be hosting the first UK hands-on consumer demo of Marvel’s Avengers at this year’s EGX. You can read more about that here.

Your chance to win!

If this sounds too good to be true, then how does actually going sound? We have an exclusive competition for our Community members, with four pairs of tickets to EGX awaiting the winners.

To be in with a chance of winning these tickets, simply post in the comments below to tell us what game you are most looking forward to seeing at EGX this year.  Entries will close on Thursday 10th October 2019 and the lucky winners will be chosen at random and will be notified via the Community by Friday 11th October 2019.

Click 'Spoiler' below for Terms & Conditions

Spoiler

Virgin Media Community EGX Promotion Terms and Conditions (Promotion)

1. Open to Virgin Media customers aged 18 or over, and resident in the United Kingdom except employees of Virgin Media Limited, their immediate family members and anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
  2. The Promotion opens at 11:00am on Wednesday 2nd October 2019 and closes at 11:59pm on Thursday 10th October 2019.  Entries received after the closing date will be invalid. Maximum of 1 entry per household. 
  3. To enter the Promotion you must comment on the blog article indicating your interest to be entered into the competition. 'COMPETITION: Win a pair of day tickets to EGX 2019' can be found on the Virgin Media Community. Commenting on the blog post more than once will not increase chances of winning.
  4. There will be 4 winners. 1 prize per winner. 
  5. Prize: The Prize is a pair of general admission tickets for a single day to the EGX 2019 at ExCeL London, One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1X on 17th/18th/19th/20th October 2019 only. Prize excludes travel to and from the venue which must be arranged by the winner and their guest at their own expense.  Winner and guests must both be over the age of 18 and must not be banned or otherwise prohibited from attending the venue. Unless otherwise expressly stated, Prize excludes all food, drink, spending money and any other costs connected to the Prize.    
  6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by no later than Friday 11th October 2019. The winners will be the first four entries drawn at random. You will be notified if you have won a prize by private message on the Virgin Media Community.
  7. Promoter is Virgin Media Limited.  General Terms and Conditions apply, here.  Use of the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of EGX, please see www.egx.net/egx/terms for details.

You can find more information on EGX 2019 at egx.net/egx

9 Comments
CC_Ops
Tuning in
DayZ
Roachdog24
Just joined

Marvel's Avengers 

Martin_D
Knows their stuff

For me it has to be Luigi’s Mansion™ 3 that game looks fantastic can’t wait to see more of it. Brings back some very happy memories form the gamecube days.

Wold love to go to EGX 2019

jamesofmerton
Super solver

zombie army 4. i would go with my nephew. we both like all things zombie.

Simo66
Joining in

I'm looking forward to seeing Marvel’s Avengers.

Snowballinhell
Tuning in

Definitely Luigi's Mansion 3 - cannot wait for this to come out!

Tgordon
Joining in

Grand blue heard alot of people say it has an old school fighting game feel

wardlaura
Joining in

Hi, I won tickets through the Virgin Media Competition, but I haven't received the tickets. I spoke with EGX Customer Services and they have no record of my details reaching them to say I won, but I have the email confirmation from Virgin Media saying I won

olliebhag
Tuning in

Marvel’s Avengers definitely