cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was virgin down

ALF28
Super solver

VM in the news

Virgin Media internet down: Service goes offline in middle of working day, users complain (msn.com)

I have had no issues today in area 30, although ongoing local minor tv issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red-top publications often have clickbait articles along the lines of "xyz service was down, millions complain". Many of these supposed national issues are just local outages.

I have noticed more of these articles from the "i" of late. Retch-group "news"papers are the usual favourite.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red-top publications often have clickbait articles along the lines of "xyz service was down, millions complain". Many of these supposed national issues are just local outages.

I have noticed more of these articles from the "i" of late. Retch-group "news"papers are the usual favourite.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There are issues affecting my post code area broadband 20.12  today but mine is still working normally and speed check was fine.

Also, a  TV issue will be fixed by 1st February which affect talk sport audio

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looking at downdetector letters for yesterday, there were two posts complaining about VM internet,  one user from London (connection almost ZEROand the other user from Glasgow (slow connection on kelvinside)

That's a far cry from the text reported in the link posted by @ALF28 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali