cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal injury

davhop
Tuning in

Hi ive recently had an accident, which was down to a virgin media manhole cover that wasnt secure and long story short i fell through whilst walking my dog and injured both my hand with a deep cut and swelling and grazes to my shins 

thanks to virginmedia and there non existant customer service humans and badly planned out website im unable to report this to the right people to get any form of reconsiliation 

if anyone here could possible point me in the right direction i would much appreciate this 

thank you all in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davhop  Best to take third party advice before trying to contact VM directly.  Here might be a good place to start: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/personal-injuries/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear it.

Edit :follow the above advice and seek independent advice. 

Take photos of the cover and injuries.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s was in a public area, report it to your local council. They will chase VM to rectify and back up your case.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

i did seek the council first they told me the matter would have to be reported to virgin media as they have no control over there manhole covers

i did and had already reported to council which i was told to contact vm as they have no control over there manholes

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forget the Local Council.  That may have been approriate before your accident, but not after the event.  You need to stick to the advice in message 2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks