Menu
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: oomph existing customer

just an update ....

live chatted virgin media an hour ago , explained i was an existing customer and told them I had read that people had been switching from their vip packages to the oomph package and if this was something I could do ... without any haggling or threatening to leave, told me i could get the 500mbps broadband , the ultimate sim card and also international calls (not that ill use that) but still nice to include it , all for no extra price on my bill but was going to include a one off payment of £35 ...i immediatly jumped on it and proceeded to go ahead with it , within conversation jokingly asked if premier sports could be included as well , he told me to wait 2 minutes and came back with premier sports included normally 11.99 a month and also waived the £35 one off fee....so from my experience if you dont ask you dont get .yesterday was made to feel a little bit belittled and like a beggar on the street asking for a couple of quid ...and that i was in the wrong .it just shows companies will offer you things to keep your custom...within 10 mins my internet went off and came back on and had my new internet speed ...thank you virgin media much appreciated 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 12 of 29
Flag for a moderator

my opinions haven't changed.
thanks for helping to increase everyone elses price.
0 Kudos
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 29
Flag for a moderator

my price has increased every year for 6 years when ive kept with the same package so why should i not ask?? prices are going to rise irrelevant of what i do 

teabag
Superstar
Message 14 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
my opinions haven't changed.
thanks for helping to increase everyone elses price.

No offence meant 😀

Did I miss a post saying "thanks for paying the full/over price" to make everyone else's cheaper for a few years?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
chenks
Community elder
Message 15 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@tyson010602 wrote:

my price has increased every year for 6 years when ive kept with the same package so why should i not ask?? prices are going to rise irrelevant of what i do 

if that's what everyone thinks no wonder!

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 16 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

Did I miss a post saying "thanks for paying the full/over price" to make everyone else's cheaper for a few years?.

too many freeloaders for anyone to say that!

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 17 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Do not think there are any freeloaders

It's the way Virgin have decided to run their own business, everyone is encouraged to ring and negotiate when out of contract - if you do not, you are penalised by paying over the going rates for the service.  It can only be stopped if Virgin themselves stop encouraging the practice.

chenks
Community elder
Message 18 of 29
Flag for a moderator

are they encouraged? where is this encouragement published?
the reality is it's the opposite, they don't push any price "improvements", the contract you are on will keep running as it is unless you decide to do something about it.

if you are paying the advertised price then you are not "paying over the going rates".
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 19 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
are they encouraged? where is this encouragement published?
the reality is it's the opposite, they don't push any price "improvements", the contract you are on will keep running as it is unless you decide to do something about it.

if you are paying the advertised price then you are not "paying over the going rates".

For starters,  all posts on here regarding prices are advised from the Forum Team saying " have you rang retentions lately, to see what deal we can do, they change daily so chances are you may need to ring more than once", if that is not encouragement - what is?.

Advertised price?, to find that out, we usually need to look at new customers deals and see what it says they will be charged after any promotion - do we take that as a advertised price?.

Myself, I have not rung for coming up to 2 years (lazy), with the recent raise going on next month it will take my M200 with weekend calls over said price above, another reason pushed by Virgin for the need to keep ringing and negotiating - or end up paying over the advertised pricing.

chenks
Community elder
Message 20 of 29
Flag for a moderator

if people didn't cry about not getting a good deal then no-one would advise anyone to call retentions. in fact, IMO, there should be no "retentions" dept, simply a cancellation dept that will cancel your service should the price not to be to your agreement.

the advertised price after new customer deal expires is clearly mentioned, so aren you are blind or being purposely obtuse?

society has created the "i want everything for nothing" breed., and we are far worse off for it.
0 Kudos