Menu
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

oomph existing customer

hi just wondering if someone can give me some advice please

ive been with virgin media god must be close to 10 years maybe longer ,im currently on the big daddy bundle with m200 fibre broadband ,all channels , with 1xtivo box and 4 v6 boxes i currently pay £160 a month ...my friend has just swapped from sky to virgin and has got the ultimate ooomph where he gets m500 and an unlimited simcard for £99 a month for 12 months......... is there anyway id be able to get the m500 and an ultimate sim added to my account for free or would i have to pay for it , im not actually looking to knock my price down to £99 in anyway, im also looking to cancel my phone contract and get a mobile with virgin as well so an extra free sim would be helpful for a family phone .....thanks for reading 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: oomph existing customer

for free? seriously?
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
for free? seriously?

well it wouldnt be for free as i already pay a high enough bill, and with it going up more and if i wanted to upgrade to m500 plus an unlimited sim it would probably take my bill to over £200 ,  just would like what new customers are getting , i could just say ill quit and go sky but i dont want to go down that route 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

your price is not high for 5 tivo boxes

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

didnt mean to put 4 was meant to be 3 😕 , ive got 4 boxes in total

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@tyson010602 wrote:

@chenks wrote:
for free? seriously?

well it wouldnt be for free as i already pay a high enough bill, and with it going up more and if i wanted to upgrade to m500 plus an unlimited sim it would probably take my bill to over £200 ,  just would like what new customers are getting , i could just say ill quit and go sky but i dont want to go down that route 

Well you're not a new customer, hence you don't get new customer discounts, this is how all businesses like this operate, they either want you to keep switching providers or they want you to be too lazy to go elsewhere and to just pay the normal price, if you want a discount then switch to sky and come back in a year and you'll get it 😛

chenks
Community elder
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@tyson010602 wrote:

you're not a "new" customer though.

i'd like a free upgrade on the model of car i have, afterall someone who has just bought a new one got a slightly better deal than i did when i bought mine. i'll just go into the garage and ask for my free upgrade, yeah?

seriously, the entitlement some people have!

if you want to be a new customer then cancel and go elsewhere.

tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

but if im also looking to move my mobile from ee to virgin which would be about another £50 a month onto the bill would i not have any haggling power? yes i know it sounds like im trying to get something for nothing and sorry if it comes across as naive but was just putting the feelers out to see if anyone else had tried the same, 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

not the first time you've asked to get something for free
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/tivo/m-p/2087368
so lets not kid on that this isn't something you've tried before.
tyson010602
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

wow 6 years ago, id forgotten id even wrote that...cheers for checking for me .... sorry for wasting your time